• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

help identifying these bushes and leaves please

biscandmatt1

Wise Old Thumper
our camera is working again! woo! :D

can someone help me identify these please:

this first one is supposed to be a bush but it now a tree! :lol:

DSCF0887.jpg

DSCF0897.jpg

DSCF0888.jpg

these are the leaves and in summer is has little white flowers on:

DSCF0895.jpg

next to that is this bush with berries on, thorns on the branches as i found out yesterday! :roll:

DSCF0894.jpg

DSCF0893.jpg

there's a few of those and then this next one is infront of them:

DSCF0896.jpg

DSCF0891.jpg

this is on the grass:

DSCF0892.jpg

and these are in the bags of hay i get, not many but a few sometimes:

DSCF0899.jpg

Last edited:
Hmmm :? Not sure about any of those I'm afraid - I'm sure someone will come along soon who has one in their garden & can confirm what they are :wave:

In the fifth pic, what are the yellow things to the bottom right of the central yellow thing? Are they berries or flowers? Can you get a clearer pic of both the yellow things?

the first one is elder, i think.
the plant in the grass is ragwort.

:shock: how did I not know that?! :shock: Suppose because I only ever see it once it's in flower :roll: Well done :thumb:

ETA: & I agree re. the Elder - just checked my front hedge *snigger* as I know I have it growing in there, bloomin awful stuff :evil:

I'm thinking Elder for the first one too

and maybe Berberis OR Pyracantha for the second [yellow one]
both of them are very thorny :shock:

I'm thinking Elder for the first one too

and maybe Berberis OR Pyracantha for the second [yellow one]
both of them are very thorny :shock:

That's why i want a closeup of the yellowy bits...they look a bit like berberis flowers....i can't make out the leaves very clearly either.:?

so are all the ones mentioned poisonous then :shock: good job we used to pick up any leaves and berries that had fallen before letting bisc and matt outside.

so are all the ones mentioned poisonous then :shock: good job we used to pick up any leaves and berries that had fallen before letting bisc and matt outside.

Ragwort is extremely poisonous, one of the leading causes of livestock death worldwide. Don't know about the others. :)

As far as I know, elder is not good for animals to eat, although the berries and flowers make good wine:D.

best not tell my mum, she will accidently on purpose cut them down and steal them :no:

mind you, i might now knowing they're all poisonous! :shock:

Back