• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Muffin is so sad, how long....

Bungle bunny

Mama Doe
Should we wait before getting him a new friend?

I want to rush out and find him one because I cant bear to watch him suffer.

What experience have any of you had with this?

Thanks so much everyone

Oh poor Muffin:( I don't have any experience of this, sorry, but just wanted to send some nose rubs and snuggles for Muffin xxx

Has he lost his partner? :cry: I'd get him a new friend as soon as possible, I think buns grieve from the companionship rather than the actually bunny they have lost so I think getting a new friend, even if you aren't quite ready is the best thing to do.

When my Tilly died her companion Timmy was so sad that we waited only 2 weeks to adopt him a new friend, our gorgeous girl Mimi.
It was extremely hard for me, but the change in Timmy was instant :love:

I think the sooner the better really for the bun. I know it seems insensitive and that you are "replacing" a bun but it's not like that at all. I'm sure once he has a partner he will be loads better:)

Aw, thanks guys, that is exactly what I was hoping to hear. I guess the next question is... did you find that your bun bonded more easily the second time? It took 2 weeks with Emily and Muffin

My plans with muffin and poppy were to do it properly i.e gradually but on the 1st night with their indoor hutches side by side I let them out, they snuggled and Poppy moved in with muffin that night and never left:shock:

I must have a bit of a floozy bunny:lol:

My plans with muffin and poppy were to do it properly i.e gradually but on the 1st night with their indoor hutches side by side I let them out, they snuggled and Poppy moved in with muffin that night and never left:shock:

I must have a bit of a floozy bunny:lol:

:love: that sounds promising, thank you

Back