• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How to get binky pictures??

ripminnie

Wise Old Thumper
I've been trying and trying to get some good pics of the buns binkying, because I'm seen some fab ones on here! I've come to the conclusion that my camera is just **** :( I've put in action mode and that doesn't seem to help. I think I need one that has a shorter delay after you press the button, it seems to wait too long before taking the picture. Can anyone recommend a decent digital camera?

I've resorted to shooting videos instead of taking pics, but as the buns are inside, the light isn't great and they normally come out dark :( just want some nice binky pics!!!

If your camera has shutter lag then it'll be virtually impossible. It's quite difficult with a camera without shutter lag!

If your camera has shutter lag then it'll be virtually impossible. It's quite difficult with a camera without shutter lag!

Does it normally tell you in the description of the camera about the shutter lag? How do I find one without it? :wave:

Personally I'd go into a store and get them to let you try them all out and take a few pics with them.

I heard a test once for shutter lag. Hold something in one hand focus on it, then drop it and press the shutter button simultaneously. That'll give you an idea of the lag.

I've only got one picture of a binky and that was just pure luck, I happened to snap at the time she jumped.

If I was going to get one intentionally I'd end sitting there for ages with a camera stuck to my face and knowing me the moment I take my eye away I'd end up missing it, either that or the battery would run out :lol:

I would definitely try doing it in daylight though, the more light there is the quicker the shutter speed, also have a look and see if your camera has a sports setting (icon may look like a stick man running or swimming?), this should automatically set the camera to a faster shutter speed as well which stops blurring. (Oops, just seen that you've tried the action/sport setting:oops:)

Good luck! :D

Last edited:
I've only got one picture of a binky and that was just pure luck, I happened to snap at the time she jumped.

If I was going to get one intentionally I'd end sitting there for ages with a camera stuck to my face and knowing me the moment I take my eye away I'd end up missing it, either that or the battery would run out :lol:

I would definitely try doing it in daylight though, the more light there is the quicker the shutter speed, also have a look and see if your camera has a sports setting (icon may look like a stick man running or swimming?), this should automatically set the camera to a faster shutter speed as well which stops blurring.

Good luck! :D
Yes ive tried the sports setting, it's not much better! The only thing is, most of the binkies happen either very early, before it's proper daylight, or late at night when it's dark!! :lol:

My Canon PowerShot SX200 IS with 12mp and 12x optical zoom has taken some brilliant pictures, even in low light. It generally remains in the 'Pets&Children' setting because none of our animals ever sits still :) and it has captured some of the best action photos with crystal clarity: Golden Retriever mid-leap in the snow at dusk, the kitten yawning and tennis players mid-shot at Wimbledon, again at dusk. I haven't yet tried it on my two Mini Lops binkying, but it did capture Pandora perfectly mid-wash yesterday evening, although I can't say that night-time shots are always as good.

According to Digital Camera Review's detailed assessment, (the website might give you a good list of suitable cameras?) the camera's Shutter Lag is 0.03 seconds, placing it in the middle of a table of five similar cameras. I am not at all camera-savvy and literally just point the camera at the furry subject, adjust a couple of settings and hope for the best, so I apologise that I cannot say whether this is particularly fast :oops:

Long story short, I love my camera :oops: and would recommend it for capturing action photos, based on the number of animal binkys it has captured in the two years I've had it. There are probably better cameras out there now, but I thought I'd try and help. This is my first post on the forum :wave:

Hi! :wave: welcome to RU and thanks for posting, that was really helpful, I'll have a look at that site :) you'll have to post some pics of your bunnies! :wave:

My Canon PowerShot SX200 IS with 12mp and 12x optical zoom has taken some brilliant pictures, even in low light. It generally remains in the 'Pets&Children' setting because none of our animals ever sits still :) and it has captured some of the best action photos with crystal clarity: Golden Retriever mid-leap in the snow at dusk, the kitten yawning and tennis players mid-shot at Wimbledon, again at dusk. I haven't yet tried it on my two Mini Lops binkying, but it did capture Pandora perfectly mid-wash yesterday evening, although I can't say that night-time shots are always as good.

According to Digital Camera Review's detailed assessment, (the website might give you a good list of suitable cameras?) the camera's Shutter Lag is 0.03 seconds, placing it in the middle of a table of five similar cameras. I am not at all camera-savvy and literally just point the camera at the furry subject, adjust a couple of settings and hope for the best, so I apologise that I cannot say whether this is particularly fast :oops:

Long story short, I love my camera :oops: and would recommend it for capturing action photos, based on the number of animal binkys it has captured in the two years I've had it. There are probably better cameras out there now, but I thought I'd try and help. This is my first post on the forum :wave:

Glad to be of help :D Having problems with photobucket but hopefully there are two photos of a posing Pandora, a 14 week old black Mini Lop doe

http://i1191.photobucket.com/albums/z477/BlueBellBelle/IMG_3494.jpg

http://i1191.photobucket.com/albums/z477/BlueBellBelle/IMG_3474.jpg

She is an outdoors bunny, along with a 11 week old Sussex Cream Mini Lop buck called Pumpkin. There are no photos yet of poor little Pumpkin as he is off to the vets tomorrow with what appears to be conjunctivitis :cry: (only in one eye and Pandora is fine but I just can't understand how he got it- I try to keep everything clean but as a first-time bunny owner, I'm sure it's something I've done wrong!) Hopefully he'll be back to his handsome self soon and posing with Pandora :)

And I just realised that I am in danger of hijacking the thread:oops:- will introduce myself in Introductions and perhaps post re:conjunctivitis in the Health Section. Good luck with the camera :)

The only thing with a quick shutter speed is that the camera will likely open the aperture wider to get more light in which means it's harder to focus. I tend to try to get middle of the road with all the settings but I have by no means perfected the art of binky photos yet!!

Back