• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My heart is broken

Bungle bunny

Mama Doe
Yesterday, OH came to me and said, I am worried about Emily, she didnt eat her breakfast and now she is sitting huddled in the garden by herself.

Within 5 mins we were at the vets.

One side of her gut was really slow but the other seemed ok but she was given 2 pain killers, we were given some mint oil to give her every 2 hours and some recovery to syringe feed her.

We got her home and started straight away, once the pain killers kicked in, she seemet to relax a little and was taking in the recovery and water quite well, we were very hopeful. She stayed on my lap nearly all day. Later, we brought Muffin in and he also sat on my lap with her.

Our biggest worry was that she didnt go to the toilet, we kept waiting for it and a couple of times it looked like she was going to but she still didnt

But then, last night, she suddenly seemed to be struggling to breath and her tummy was swollen and very hard.

We rushed her back to the emergency vet.

She had no gut action what so ever, it was clear that she was in extreme pain. The vet was very good and clearly very rabbit savvy. She gave us the heart breaking choice and even though I think I will question it for the rest of my life, we made the choice that seemed kindest and decided to let her go.

We brought her home so tht Muffin could say good bye to her and how Simon is finding her a spot in the garden.

Totally heartbroken, not only did Muffin love her but we loved the stroppy little mare too.

Binky Free now little Emily, I hope you are with Bungle no, we will never forget you.

So sorry for your tragic loss.

Our thoughts are with you at this very sad time.

Rest east little Emily. xxxx

Take care. x

I'm so sorry to read your sad news it's an awful decision to have to make. I'm going through exactly the same with my bun Sandie at the moment. Thinking of you and binky free sweet Emily xx :cry::love:

As others have said already, it's such a hard decision to make whether to let a bun go when they are in such pain like that, or whether to delay and hope things improve, but all the time they're still in discomfort.

I think you made the right choice.....and you made it with her interests at heart, and that is the best you can do for any bun.

Rest peacefully little one
x

Back