• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Place2Paws Holiday Boarding Leeds?

toffee

Mama Doe
Does anyone have any experience with Place2Paws Leeds?

I was searching for bunny holiday boarding for when I go away in the summer and these guys are the nearest to me and are very reasonably priced but I've never heard of them before.

Hi!

I was in touch with them in late 2009 when I was looking for somewhere to board ours. They couldn't help in the end as ours are indoor and not used to being caged, and they didn't have big enough indoor accommodation really. That may have changed though. One thing that worried me was that she had no hesitation in suggesting she split our buns up and put them each in a smaller cage! I don't know what their outdoor accommodation is like.

I also made enquiries to Noah's Ark Pet Care Services at the time - I think they are over Shipley way - they have outddor wendy houses for rabbits. We didn't use them either though!

There was also Holiday Hutches in Barnsey which has outdoor accommodation.

We ended up getting a friend to pet-sit that year, and we now take ours to Tuckerbunnies near Richmond, who I couldn't recommend highly enough (I appreciate they're quite a way from Bradford though).

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

That's all v helpful. I have to say i didn't get a good feeling from the place 2 paws website because they didn't mention anything about vet car or have pics of accommodation or anything. I might google the shipley one...

That doesnt sound good if you ask me.

Maybe someone on here would look after them for you for a small 'donation'? when are you going away? are they indoor or outdoor? :wave:

Just noticed all the typos in my post - sorry about that!

Also - hi! :wave: you're probably not too far from me (I'm in between Leeds and Bradford!).

Oh one other also - MyPetStop in Leeds can house rabbits in cattery accommodation, which is lovely and spacious, but they are expensive (~£15/day for two!).

I have 7 rabbits and 3 guinea pigs. My mum can cope with the guinea pigs, but she doesn't know anything about rabbits so I wouldn't trust her to spot if they got sick. One of the buns has EC and is quite badly disabled so I would probably take her to BunnyCamp in Bradford to be looked after while I was away although they don't usually offer boarding anymore. So I need care for the other 3 pairs - ideally someone would come and feed and check on them at my house or would have to have their own cages suitable.

It would be great if someone on here would consider doing it - I am happy to negotiate a fair charge.

I'm going away in July for about 4 or 5 days - I won't be booking until I can guarantee proper care for everyone.

I broke up with my ex a few months ago. He used to look after them if I went away but I don't really want to have any involvement with him anymore so asking him will be a last resort.

Aw - that is a lot of rabbits! Would definitely be cheaper to get someone to come to them!

I would do it, but I get sent away a lot with work at short notice so couldn't be very reliable!

We also use 'Muts n Moggies' to come to ours if we go away for just a couple of days - just checked on the website and they cover these Bradford postcodes:
BD2
BD3
BD10
BD18

i'd love to help but would struggle to find the time. i was going to suggest bunnycamp but weren't aware they weren't boarding anymore.

i leeds i would have suggested either my pet stop or tucana at crossgates.

Rabbit Boarding

Hi!

I was in touch with them in late 2009 when I was looking for somewhere to board ours. They couldn't help in the end as ours are indoor and not used to being caged, and they didn't have big enough indoor accommodation really. That may have changed though. One thing that worried me was that she had no hesitation in suggesting she split our buns up and put them each in a smaller cage! I don't know what their outdoor accommodation is like.

I also made enquiries to Noah's Ark Pet Care Services at the time - I think they are over Shipley way - they have outddor wendy houses for rabbits. We didn't use them either though!

There was also Holiday Hutches in Barnsey which has outdoor accommodation.

We ended up getting a friend to pet-sit that year, and we now take ours to Tuckerbunnies near Richmond, who I couldn't recommend highly enough (I appreciate they're quite a way from Bradford though).

Hope this helps!

I am not sure who you spoke to last year, I only started up around May 2009, I cater for indoor rabbits, I do not use outdoor cages because I am totally responsible for peoples pets and feel that they are more secure inside. My cages accomodate 2 rabbits at a time or maybe 3 little ones, I would never suggest you splitting your little ones up, I do not have a problem with customers bringing their own cages if they prefer to. I have a very large garden with runs for all pets to go outside if the weather is fine, if the weather is cold and wet they are allowed to play inside in rotation. My prices are low because I do not do this for a living, I do this because I love to spend time with all pets and as long as the business pays for itself, then I am quite happy. I have quite a few regular customers who are very happy leaving their little ones with me, I am really sorry that you did not like my set-up but think it is very unfair to comment when you have not been to see me. I do hope this will help you to reconsider your earliest comments.

kind regards

Sue

My pet boarding business

Thanks,

That's all v helpful. I have to say i didn't get a good feeling from the place 2 paws website because they didn't mention anything about vet car or have pics of accommodation or anything. I might google the shipley one...

I am really sorry you did not like my website, I am only a small boarding business and can only take a few rabbits, guinea pigs, etc at a time, I do not run this to make a living, as long as the business pays for itself then I am quite happy, I love to spend time with all the animals in my care, this is why I do this. All my pets are kept inside but let out to play in my large garden, they can play inside in rotation if the weather is cold and wet. My cages hold about 2 rabbits or 3 small rabbits, I do not have a problem with customers bringing their own cages etc. I think it is very unfair for people to judge me when they have not met me, I have quite a few regular customers who would gladly give me references if needbe. My rabbit accomodation comprises of Large Indoor Cages and single or double indoor rabbit hutches, with plenty of hay,straw, food and treats all included in the price, I even give all pets a little brush-up and nail clip if needed for no extra charge.

I do hope you find somewhere suitable for your rabbits.

kind regards

Sue

I am not sure who you spoke to last year, I only started up around May 2009, I cater for indoor rabbits, I do not use outdoor cages because I am totally responsible for peoples pets and feel that they are more secure inside. My cages accomodate 2 rabbits at a time or maybe 3 little ones, I would never suggest you splitting your little ones up, I do not have a problem with customers bringing their own cages if they prefer to. I have a very large garden with runs for all pets to go outside if the weather is fine, if the weather is cold and wet they are allowed to play inside in rotation. My prices are low because I do not do this for a living, I do this because I love to spend time with all pets and as long as the business pays for itself, then I am quite happy. I have quite a few regular customers who are very happy leaving their little ones with me, I am really sorry that you did not like my set-up but think it is very unfair to comment when you have not been to see me. I do hope this will help you to reconsider your earliest comments.

kind regards

Sue

Hi Sue.

The problem was that my rabbits weren't used to cages, so even your large indoor cage wasn't suitable for them, in my opinion - I'm not suggesting they're not suitable at all, just that it depends on what the rabbit(s) is/are used to. You did suggest that we could bring our own cage, but didn't have the space for their pen at the time.

You also definitely did say that you could put them in 'separate single wooden hutches', which I didn't feel was appropriate for them. I'm sorry you feel my comments were unfair, although I did try to present just the facts, and did state that I hadn't seen your outdoor accommodation (you did refer to a large hutch outside).

Apologies if I have caused any offence.

Back