• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can anyone short-term foster?

Candiflare

Mama Doe
Yesterday we were given 6 weeks to find a new place to live and now have to move out of our house and find a new place. We are in shock about it, but my first thought is to find a foster/boarder who can take Ruby and Billy while we pack the rooms up (as they are indoor buns.)

Although it will soon be warm enough to have them outside, Billy has suffered with snuffles quite a bit and I want to keep his temperature even. I have contacted Di at Hoppy Holidays but she's unfortunately completely booked up (great for her though!) I don't mind where I travel to in the country and I am happy to pay. They will need to be fostered/boarded from now to the 10th June.

can anyone help?

I'm happy to bunny sit for them both if you are stuck.

We live in Wales, have 7 house buns (all vaccinated, one girl still to be spayed as she's a baby).

We also have cats and a dog but don't let that put you off as we could keep your buns separate from all of our animal family.

I wouldn't want any payment - just happy to help another bun lover.

We are going away in July though so would have to be sorted by then!

PM me if I can help.

I also know of a really good boarding place in Gloucester who cater for indoor buns obviously depending on availability.

Get in touch if you need further info.

Good luck

Ruth

If you are stuck I could perhaps move my stuff from storage playhouse but its not ideal as I would need to put a mesh window in it first:wave: I don't have any room left in the house I am afraid with my lot.

:shock: thats awful!! are they selling up?

i'm sorry i can't help house bun wise but i hope you manage to find somewhere suitable really quickly xxxxx

Hi guys, thanks so much for replies, I've only just seen this.

Emma - I don't want you to have to do that and please don't feel at all the implication is on you just because you're the closest... I know you've got enough buns to deal with at the moment!

One of the Family - thank you so much and if I haven't found somewhere slightly closer by the end of the week, I may need to take you up on the offer. I'm happy to pay you to care for them on top of what they need daily.

Poppymoon - Yep, the owners suddenly have no money and are selling up. :( It's a massive upheaval as I have aquired 6 rabbits while living here!!!

Any news on this Candiflare?

Don't worry about payment, we are a family home not a rescue or boarding place - if we can help we will. I would just have to have their food (pellets whatever) and info on what hay they eat, health, likes / dislikes etc. and things like that to make sure they are happy and cared for whilst here.

I would just hope that if we were ever stuck someone would do the same for us - our furries are too precious to be left with just anyone aren't they?

Let me know how things are going....

Ruth :wave:

Back