• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bailey is going to be spayed :( I feel so bad! Poor baby

zayna1

Warren Scout
I feel really bad....she's only 4.5 months old, and she's so small :( Her and Monty love each other so much, and they're both going to be so lost without each other whilst they are separated for a while :( She's only small-and she's going to be there all alone, in a big scary place. She's so naughty and excitable and full of beans-she won't know what hit her :( And she's just a baby! I feel so horrible to be putting her through this...but I know it has to be done. Did any of you feel like this before spaying/neutering :( I don't know why I didn't feel this bad when Monty was being done- it may have been because it's a smaller op for a male...and he is a lot more 'independent' on people than she is...

It's sometimes dvised that bonded buns go in to the vets together. It can make the whole experience less stressful if they have a friend waiting for them when they wake up.

we were told y our vet even if its only 1 going in take both it calms them !! flopseys gunna be spayed soon so floppy will go with her as hes already done

Why are you planning to separate them?

On the day for her to go to the vets, and my parents said I should keep them away from each other after the op for a few days, because he may irritate her stitches, and not let her rest as much...They didn't say anything about bringing Monty in with her :S Oh, and this is a very rabbit-savvy veterinary practice-but I only talked to the receptionist...

Rabbits generally recover better with their bonded friend because its what they know and it minimises stress. I've not sent a boy and girl for a girls spay, but have sent two bonded girls together and they got so much comfort from each other.

This was them the evening of their op.

Dopeys311.jpg

It would be sensible to give them a chance to do this together (including sending them to the vets together) and then if he does cause her problems then you can split the run in half so they can see each other through the bars (it might be worth doing this for a short time the day after if you are not sure whether she is eating and pooing).

Back