• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How do your bun/s behave at the vets?

How do your bun/s behave at the vets?

• Naughty

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • Angelic

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • Scared

Votes: 33 57.9%
  • Brave

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Or other

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters
Mine behave differently. some snuggle to me, some freeze, some are totally normal and I have two who one seems to have taken personal umbridge to my vet and one time launched himself at my vets jugular, and another who sits and listens like he is understanding and is part of the convo. The time he did that when we were discussing the bit on his penis was ace. He looked disbelievingly at the vet. :lol: (not that i'm anthropomorphasising them- or however you spell that)

Mine act brave but they look at me as if to say: "Help me mummeh! I will be a vereh good lickle bunneh if you save meh!" :lol::love:

Mainly scared - Fay stamps her feetsies very loudly.

Sometimes they dont seem overly bothered - Muesli and Kenco I would be tempted to put in the brave category.

Heather - Acts brave but I can see she is quite uncertain really, and will freeze once the vets starts to prod andpoke her

Barty - Very scared, will wriggle and thump his feet and starts to get very panicy and breathes very heavily :cry:

Beano will behave naughty, brave yet scared at the same time. She will try to act brave but you can tell she's scared really, her little nose will be going over time :( If she's feeling more brave she will stamp her feet at the vet, grunt, bite and kick. She makes a point of letting everyone that looks at her at the vets know she doesn't want to be there!

Gordon will get scared, his eyes will be very wide :( But after he's settled he will calm down and last time it was for Beano's vaccination so I held him and he seemed to enjoy having a good look round! The vet also put him on the floor to watch the way he walks once and he seemed to enjoy the explore and kept going to the vet!

Mine was angelic for the first few visits, including vaccination and first couple of times for illness. As good as gold. Much better behaved than he was for me! Now he's been a lot in the last couple of months, he doesn't like it but he's brave and doesn't try to hide from the vet or anything, but is very quiet after getting home!

I have voted brave because they are but they are all different. A and E are a bit scared and Evie pants a lot.

B C D and F are fine. D C and B come straight of the carrier and poo and flop as if they are at home. F wont come out because he doesnt like the floor surface :roll: but he flops in the carrier

Mos6t of them make a bid for freedom via standing on my head. Some of them have a hissy fit once I have returned them to their carrier and make so much noise tearing paper and stomping that I can't hear myself talking to the vet:roll:

Really well. I took them in a big box with a towel over the top (I know, ordered carrier but it didn't arrive) and they were shaking on the way there but once we got into the vet, we let them out for a runaround in a small pen, and they were fine, flopped out while we talked etc. They were perfect for the jabs as well :love:

Penelope is scared, she snuggles up to me and gives me that face of 'saaaaaave me maaaama'. Although the last time we were there, she tried to claw the vets face, thankfully I had hold of her and the vet was wearing glasses!!
The minute she gets in her box though, she's giddy and rocking it to get out!

Walnut - Freezes, and when the vet examines him his eyes go really wide, he has always been a panic-er though, and works himself up over things, even if you simply pick him up, on a bad day, he can work himself up so much that he gets really scared:( . He even squeaks a bit when the vet is examining him, he's always been quite vocal and that is his panicy noise, poor little mite.

Bell - Is a nightmare!! She will twist and turn and scratch and flick in all directions when the poor vet is trying to examine her. She jumps up into my arms and dosen't want to come down, even though she's not paticularly keen of snuggles at home:roll: She once even jumped right up onto my shoulder, scary, I thought she was going to fall off:shock:

Pepsi and Feebee - are both angels, let the vet do what he has, noscratching at all:love:

Mischa hates the actual time with the vet but is perfectly happy during the car ride.
Mini is the model bunny and is always perfectly well-behaved.
Nutmeg squeaks and wriggles, the anti-thesis of Mini. :lol:
Smudge hates the car ride but is usually pretty well behaved in the vets.

charlie jumps in my arms and shakes :roll:

Bunny does this too. He hates being picked up normally, but EVERY time we go to the vet's he just jumps into my arms. Sometimes I even get a little lick on the chin whilst he's there, as if to say 'mummy, look I'm being nice, please take me home!'. I like to think he jumps up because he sees me as a safe place, but I think really, he's just looking for a way off the table, poor bun. My vet sometimes has to do check-ups whilst he is in my arms rather than on the table :lol: (I'm talking about Bunny being in my arms, not the vet btw :oops::lol:).

Back