• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you think some buns get seperation anxiety??

Shellypops

Wise Old Thumper
My girl Bobby has always followed me round the house. She just seems to need to be in the same room.

She generally is very independant, and loves Carlo.

However the last two times she has had her stasis episode, I had been out for the evening.

I leave late and get back way before her feeding time. Do you think it could be connected??

carlo doesn't let it bother him, he loves me, but he's happy to just chill with his lady bun

I know I'm grasping at straws. WOuld just like to know if any of you have had anything similar going on

I think they get it,yes.
I think most animals get it aswell.:wave:
Myself and ian were talking about the other night.

And Bobby came from a very busy family house, four kids, two adults, two cats, a dog and piggies. S

So when she came to us she was bold as brass :love:

But she just hates being on her own.

I always though Bobby was a bit too aloof to get like that, but she has now done it twice poor girl

I've only had Buckley since Friday but if I'm leaving the room she'll come and run up to the edge of the pen and stand up, even if she was napping.
I wonder if she's relying on me to feel safe in her "new environment" sometimes.

I posted a thread about this previously. My Sky gets very severe separation anxiety and makes himself ill when I'm not around, similar to how poppmoon's Eric does and Gray's Biccy did before Ginger.

So yes. They can. Very much so.

Definitely. When I came back form Barbados after 4 months away, Pie sulked for half a day and then didn't leave me alone for weeks. I mean, literally under my feet all the time.

My last 2 buns couldn't be away from each other for any length of time, the one left at home would stop eating and get very stressed.

for sure - as sky-o mentioned, eric suffers terribly! last 2 'episodes' with gut slow down have been when i've been out for longer than a couple of hours. makes life a wee bit difficult:(

That's part of the reason I could never have a lone bun because I wouldn't want them to feel lonely or get ill if I wasn't around. If a rabbit in a pair dies or they get separated you can tell they are really sad and lonely.

That's part of the reason I could never have a lone bun because I wouldn't want them to feel lonely or get ill if I wasn't around. If a rabbit in a pair dies or they get separated you can tell they are really sad and lonely.

which is why i adopted a friend for eric. it didn't work out so now i have 2 single buns. es is as happy as larry but eric is very closely bonded to me.

Sometimes you end up with a loner bunny not by choice. Sky has been tried with all the girlies I've had and also boys too but he considers himself tightly bonded with me and any other rabbit is an invasion. He wouldn't be able to go off for bonding because of his separation issues from me.

not quite seperation anxiety for me but alvin got stasis after i was late with breakfast once.

they certainly know what they want from us humans

I'm not sure, but it sounds like it might be related and that it might be possible. Marvin follows me everywhere he can if i'm downstairs :love: but he never gives me and signs that he misses me :lol:

Sometimes you end up with a loner bunny not by choice. Sky has been tried with all the girlies I've had and also boys too but he considers himself tightly bonded with me and any other rabbit is an invasion. He wouldn't be able to go off for bonding because of his separation issues from me.

Yeah I know there are circumstances, I guess I meant that's why I would never have a lone bunny if it could be bonded with another :)

I could understand if she didn't have a friend. But she has Carlo. And when they are locked in their bedroom, they have run of the whole room :?

Also, she is totally fine with being left all day when I am at work, (well untill Ian comes home anyway:?)

Just at night time. :?

not quite seperation anxiety for me but alvin got stasis after i was late with breakfast once.

they certainly know what they want from us humans

I think it may be more this. Maybe I was a bit late with breakfast. They usually have it between 5-6am, but this particular day, it was more like 7:)

Back