• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pub Rabbit

The Duchess

Wise Old Thumper
So I never go to the pub, but my OH and I have had a friend here from Norway today and decided to take her for a drink this lunchtime. We went to a local pub that we've only been to twice in the 11 years that we have been together and I wore my MMC hoodie.

A bloke at the bar zoned in on the logo and started talking to me. He turned out to be the landlord and had a 'pub rabbit' - house rabbit that lived in the pub. He had free range upstairs but apparently is quite popular with the locals. The landlord only took over in October so early days for him in the village.

I met the bunny who was just on his way back from the vets after a dental, 5 1/2 year old black uppy eared lad.

So now I am wondering if I can use a rabbit friendly boozer to do an event - pub quiz about buns maybe? Or something to promote the cause.

Seemed like a nice enough guy (although his knowledge didn't seem the best. but it certainly got me thinking!

Anybody else been to a pub with a 'rabbit' resident before?

Never been to a pub where a bunny is a resident.:)

Wouldn't it be a fabulous opportunity if you could do some bunny related thing there?

Let's hope you can. xx

One by us does but I had to complain as there was no hay or water.

The run is a good sixe but hutch two small really for adequate shelter in bad weather.

At least the pen is high enough to keep the kids at a safe distance.

Glad you had a better experience.

Nope but a lodge I stayed at in India near Pench had domestic rabbits in the grounds. Unfortunately they were being predated by the local jungle cats. :cry:

That sounds lovely! It would depend if the landlord felt strongy about rabbit welfare I guess. May be worth mentioning though, if the locals feel a genuine attachment to the rabbit they may start to see that rabbits aren't 'just rabbits'.

That sounds a lot better than some of the pubs I have seen with Bunnies in them, and goats, all kept in appalling conditions. I at the time didn't know all I now know about bunnies

One by us does but I had to complain as there was no hay or water.

The run is a good sixe but hutch two small really for adequate shelter in bad weather.

At least the pen is high enough to keep the kids at a safe distance.

Glad you had a better experience.

Yeah this little guy isn't anywhere near the punters, he lives upstairs but I guess he's brought down for the odd visit.

Apparently he has the whole of the upstairs to run around in.

We went to a pub last summer that had a couple of bunnies in the garden. They were in a fair-sized double decker hutch but no run and lots of kids poking sticks and lord knows what else through the bars.

I visited one near a campsite I satayed in last year. They had a cross wildie in the garden. The landlady came out to feed her when we were there. The bunny was very friendly and happy. The story was that they originally had a domestic doe who escaped she came back very pregnant and had her babies. Stayed and weaned them then escaped again :lol: The babies were all rehomed except for the one they had left. The hutch wasn't the biggest but i've seen a lot worse. She was well fed and lots of hay and straw bedding. The landlady obviously loved her and there was also a bug unattached run.

Never known a pub bunny but i knew a pub parrot once. :lol: Sounds like a great place to hold an awareness event! Maybe an RU meet up too??

Never known a pub bunny but i knew a pub parrot once. :lol: Sounds like a great place to hold an awareness event! Maybe an RU meet up too??

RU meet up would be brilliant.

Win, win situation!!!!!!

Landlord makes some money, bunnies get some publicity!!!!

Let's hope something can be organised. :D:D

Back