• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My vets email..

chul

Staff member
I emailed my vets to ask how much for claw cut and de-matting of fur... had this reply

Afternoon,

the clip nails would be no more than six pounds but the de mat would depend on how the rabbit acts, The charge for a cat de-matt is £51.74, but again depends, you undoubtly would not be charged this much depending on state,

If you like call us 012XX XXXXXX, come she a Nurse, and thet then could give you a price, (this consult with nurse would be FOC)

Regards

XXX XXXX

Really put me off! Sounds very unproffesional!! :shock: Yet my vets are usually good!

I do see what you mean, things like that put me off as well, but it mainly seems to be typos, so maybe they were just busy or cant type very well?

"come she is a nurse"
:lol::lol:

What can you say to that.:roll:

I assume that meant come see a nurse!

I guess they could be busy yea.. I emailed another vets too so waiting to hear back from them. But will ring these guys after work to book the she nurse and nail cut!

TBH it would put me off using them - if someone can write that badly I would be worried about how well they read for giving meds etc :?

Not being anti-dyslexic or anything, as the dyslexics I know double check things to make sure they are correct.

But I'd want to know my pets were in safe hands with people who could input correct records etc.

TBH it would put me off using them - if someone can write that badly I would be worried about how well they read for giving meds etc :?

Not being anti-dyslexic or anything, as the dyslexics I know double check things to make sure they are correct.

But I'd want to know my pets were in safe hands with people who could input correct records etc.

They are the best vets in my area, hence why I am so puzzled at this email. They looked after Bunsk so so well after his neuter.

They are the best vets in my area, hence why I am so puzzled at this email. They looked after Bunsk so so well after his neuter.

Perhaps it is just typos if it was written in a hurry.

Perhaps you could email back and ask them to translate it into english :lol:

^^^
That was my first thought too.
But if they are the best then maybe they just have lots to reply to and were rushing?

If you can I'd suggest printing the e-mail out and going to see someone at the practice, maybe practice manager, or the customer care manager, and explain what you thought when you read that, and see what they say. They may be able to allay your fears.

I got one of those Wahl pet trimmers when one of mine was a little matted but then chickened out of using it :oops: I decided to tease any matts out gradually with a comb as they were moulting and it was due to come out during the process with a little help. I tend to keep on top of it a lot more now.:D

Hmm....some people are just not very good at communicating. I have a friend who is very sound and reliable and great at his management job, but his written pieces look like they were done by a five year old :oops:

It's like people who can't tell they're singing out of tune.

Don't let it put you off, they could still be an excellent vet. I agree it's somewhat worrying when you see things like that though.

I can see how it would be off putting. But I would judge by the vet and not the receptionist. If you have a really good vet I think that's the way to look at it. But maybe mention it when you next see the vet as it could be putting off other customers like you and not the vets fault.

How can you get a job as a receptionist and not be able to compose an email?!:shock:

Back