• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

For those of you with lionheads and other super fluffy buns

Pebblesetc

Mama Doe
How long did it take your buns to trust you enough to groom them?

Buckley has only just let me comb one side of her mane veeeery softly for about half a minute before deciding that it was quite enough for one day. Then she wouldn't let me comb the other side or brush out the loose fur around her hind quarters.

She actually went and sulked in her house for a bit!

I've had her since friday :)

Lucky still wont let me - he used to be better as a single bun but now he hates it (and i dont like to stress him). Every know and again i trim his fur but he does get the odd matt that i have to tackle him about.

Over the winter, i havent trimmed him because he needed all the fur he could get and the vet said it would be ok not too. When he went for his booster and check the other day they said that he was fine - a few matts but they were loose and likely to come out.

Maisie hates being brushed! The hair that comes out of here would make a bloomin' jumper though! If it even goes near Marvin he bites it and tries to grab it off you.

Roland LOVES it!! Sits for ages, good as gold!!
Mrs B is ok,BB will sit with whites of his eyes going every now and again, but knows it needs to be done and Lily?? She will declare she doesnt need grooming, but she does, and she will behave...occasionally!!!!:lol:

Once your bun knows that youre helping her, and she learns to enjoy it, she will be fine.A treat first, then a groom, then another treat.Thats soon gonna teach her its not too bad!!! Takes time though!!:wave:

Poppy will not let me touch her!! EVER unless I want to feel her teeth!
She has to be trimmed/have a few matts shaved from her when she goes to the vets for her jabs every 6 months... if it gets bad inbetween I have to go in with the gauntlets and towel :roll: she is a nightmare and we have tried everything so decided not to stress her too frequently. Vet thinks she was poorly treated at P@H before we got her which made her terrified of being picked up/touched, we have had her 18 months now and although she is much better than she first was she is still a terror bless her.

my two babies are really fluffy. one of them loves being groomed and she'll lie down for you and looks so relaxed but the younger of the two hated it to start with but shes growing to like it about a month later!

In comparason to Poppy (Lion head) my angora x Jack loves being brushed, although he does get distracted and wanders off! But he runs up to me when I have the brush :love:

Poppy is fine with being groomed, she is used to being handled which probably helps. We have to bath her occasionally as well due to a messy bum and she deals with that fine. I wouldn't say she enjoys her bum being washed but she knows it's for her own good.

She also lets me cut her hair as it can get in her eyes and I like to keep by her bum tidy. But let me tell you i'm no hairdresser and she looks a bit like Edward Scissorhands when I've finished:shock:

:D I gave her dinner (a pinch of nuggets and a top up of hay) and gently combed her, she let me comb all of her that I could reach (so everything except her chin and underneath) and didn't sulk afterwards!

I just groom with mine and the bunnies deal with. :lol: They don't like it, but they just hae to tolerate it. I only need to groom them sporadically though, thankfully.

Poppy doesn't mind. She gets bored after a while though and wanders off :roll:. I have to trim her a bit too (so glad I'm not the only one that does this, I thought I was being cruel). She's a lionhead and her mane can get a bit matted so if it's too bad I cut them out VERY carefully! I think she's always let us comb her. I think it probably feels like stroking to them, as long as you're not pulling on a particularly tangled bit, so I would guess that once they are happy to be stoked, and have got used to what the brush looks like, they are fine.

PS - how many fluffy bunnies are called Poppy?:shock::shock: ...at least 3 on this thread alone :lol:

Poppy doesn't mind. She gets bored after a while though and wanders off :roll:. I have to trim her a bit too (so glad I'm not the only one that does this, I thought I was being cruel). She's a lionhead and her mane can get a bit matted so if it's too bad I cut them out VERY carefully! I think she's always let us comb her. I think it probably feels like stroking to them, as long as you're not pulling on a particularly tangled bit, so I would guess that once they are happy to be stoked, and have got used to what the brush looks like, they are fine.

PS - how many fluffy bunnies are called Poppy?:shock::shock: ...at least 3 on this thread alone :lol:

I was thinking that! It's cos it's such a pretty name.

Before getting a bun we considered names like poppy and buttercup... then OH read up on plants that aren't good for bunnies... kind of ruined the names for us haha x

Bungle doesnt let me brush him at all. However he doesnt get a choice so every evening he gets pinned down while we do it. It means he now doesnt trust us at all but its in his best interest.

Back