• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone have this carrier?

nessar

Warren Veteran
Anyone have this carrier or can reccommend another one?

I know there have been loads of threads about this recently but I need a bigger than average carrier, so the cabrio is too small and I dont have a wilkinsons near me :(

Anyone have this? https://www.thehayexperts.co.uk/Pet...+2.541.html?osCsid=1668e3q2mbemuif5ml01ekvf04

Or could reccommend another carrier around 58cm long, or do you have one that you can get in bigger sizes? It needs to be strong (will hold around 6.5kg of buns) and easy to open and close when taking the top off, as my current one is a nightmare to get closed again at the vets.

And I'm not too sure 58cm will be big enough, so if anyone has a similar size pair to what mine will be (roughly 4 + 2kg) could you say what carrier you have? It needs to be big enough for them both to flop comfortably, as they will be doing about 5 hours together in it.

If only you didnt need quite so big.. Tesco do one but its only 48cm..

I know, I have a 48cm one at the moment and when he flops he has to kind of bend, its not big enough. And theres no way I could get another bunny in there. I just wish the cabrio was made in bigger sizes, as I would love one with a fixed handle as he wees himself when the carrier swings about as he moves.

How quick do you need it? because you can order Wilkinsons large pet carrier online :wave:

I've got about a week, havent confirmed a date with the rescue yet. Is the wilkinsons one strong and the top easy to open/close?

eta - the clips holding the sides together look a bit flimsy and small...

Last edited:
I've got about a week, havent confirmed a date with the rescue yet. Is the wilkinsons one strong and the top easy to open/close?

eta - the clips holding the sides together look a bit flimsy and small...

The door at the front comes completely off or you can open like a door from either the left or right, the top is attached on with the clips and on mine they're quite stiff so not worried about them pinging open - i've done about a dozen vets visits in it and its held up so far. The trickiest bit is lining the roof back on the base before clipping the clips but it's not that bad and i'm a bit clumsy with things like that so probably just me :oops::lol:

I have one that looks like it is made by the same people but a different model. The handle has come free a few times. Now it's reinforced with duct tape :?

The door at the front comes completely off or you can open like a door from either the left or right, the top is attached on with the clips and on mine they're quite stiff so not worried about them pinging open - i've done about a dozen vets visits in it and its held up so far. The trickiest bit is lining the roof back on the base before clipping the clips but it's not that bad and i'm a bit clumsy with things like that so probably just me :oops::lol:

It's not just you! :wave:
I have the large carrier from Wilkos and I also have a bit of a problem when lining the top to the bottom. Otherwise it's a good carrier. Quite easily takes my Dutch and Dwarf Lop and they have room to move around.

Ooh, I was about to post asking for recommodations for a good carrier, as Penelope only has a crappy cardboard one after she broke her oringinal, which wasn't very good anyway :roll:
Never thought to look at Wilkinsons! Will go check it out now :p

I have one that looks like it is made by the same people but a different model. The handle has come free a few times. Now it's reinforced with duct tape :?

the hay experts one or the wilkinsons one?

is it broken or does the handle detatch?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pet-Cargo-Cabrio-Cat-Carrier/dp/B000PIFLZQ

I have these and highly recommend them. the top opens totally so it's alot less stressful for bunnies and cats. My vets always comments as does everyone in the surgery. They're a good size for large bunnies too and lots of air circulates but the animals are private. I have only these and neighbours borrow them too. more expensive initially but really I can't recommend them enough. Can get them from all over the place online. I've had my oldest one for a few years and they're strong and easy to clean too.

the hay experts one or the wilkinsons one?

is it broken or does the handle detatch?

The one in the original post. It's not broken, it just came out of the hole. My one is top opening though and the handle attaches to the wire top.

Back