• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Size of run for four rabbits

Charlotte333

Warren Scout
Hi Everyone:wave:

I'm planning on bonding my four rabbits in a few weeks. I'd like to know what size run I'll need for them to use on the grass on sunny days. The run will be in addition to their accommodation and run which is paving slabs.

Thanks in advance.:)

sorry not sure about space, my 3 have a 8x6ft shed with a 7x4ft run attatched through the day..

good luck with the bonding though. :wave:

The think with "runs" is that most of them aren't big enough for a rabbit to actually run about in.

I am a big hater of runs used for exercise, especially ones that are 6x4ft as this is the minimum for them as a living area, for an exercise space in my opinion it should be much bigger.

If you can it would be better to try and bunny proof your garden so they can free range. If thats not possible then I wouldnt be happy with lesson than 12ft by 4ft as a run.

As big as possible, particularly if the location is fixed other wise the grass will get eaten quickly. It really depends what you want to achieve, if it's just access for a couple of hours grazing and they already have a giant run then you could go smaller than if you want this to be an opportunity for them to get a couple of hours where they have room to race about flat out.

The think with "runs" is that most of them aren't big enough for a rabbit to actually run about in.

I am a big hater of runs used for exercise, especially ones that are 6x4ft as this is the minimum for them as a living area, for an exercise space in my opinion it should be much bigger.

If you can it would be better to try and bunny proof your garden so they can free range. If thats not possible then I wouldnt be happy with lesson than 12ft by 4ft as a run.

:thumb:

Unfortuately they can't have access to the whole garden.

I've got two separate runs which are 8ft by 6ft and 8ft by 4ft. I'm going to try and attach them together so I've got a run which is 8ft by 10ft but it needs to be secure.

Last edited:
That sounds like a plan. I did that with two runs before just by taking the mesh off one side each and then screwing the wood along that side together :)

Back