• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

delete

It depends on the rabbit some get more bothered than others. I would leave him in one place for as long as you can though (couple of weeks at least) to get settled before you move him. Cars should be ok but I dont think they would like buses, much noisier and lots of strange smells and strange people. I wouldnt like to take a rabbit on a bus but some others on here might have done. When I take mine in the car I talk to them to keep them calm and it seems to work, if I can I sit them on my lap in the box and stroke them to reassure them too.

I agree 100% with Roseberry. It totally depends on the rabbit. I had a rabbit that I used to travel between my home and my parents home regularly (they were 150 miles apart) and he was fine and we were really close, but I've got some other bunnies that I wouldn't consider doing that too, because it would be cruel to them, and equally others, nowadays, who would be fine and would thrive as long as they are with me.

Get him stable somewhere first and then work out what you think would be best for him, as opposed to what you think would be best for you.

Thank you both!

Yeah, i will wait until he is more settled and go from there. Even though the first hour we had him it was like he'd been there years! He's so friendly and placid.
Edit: The journey is only about 15/20 minutes aswell so it's not a long distance i was just worried about him settling in 2 hutches.

Here he is! :) I've called him Oscar.
I'm told he's a Mini lop x lionhead.
IMG00473-20110409-1738.jpg

Oscar.jpg

Oscar1.jpg

Last edited:
What a lovely little lionhead :)

My new lionhead, Buckley, is also in a similar position as I'm at uni etc. I'm giving her the Ester holidays (so until May) to get settled with us, then we're taking her to uni, then we're going to keep her with us wherever we are over the summer if she settles quickly after the trip to uni :)

She was totally fine in the car when we got her. She was sticking her nose out of the carrier and sniffing.

It's all about giving it some trial runs on short journeys to see how it goes :) x

How big is the hutch? It does depend on the bun, but would you ever consider bonding him? Some of mine have been calmer with a friend :) If you decide to move him, get the same size hutch, because if he goes from loads of room to a teeny hutch, it will be harder to settle xx

He's gorgeous :love::love::love:

I had absolutely no reason to worry. He doesn't even notice being in the car, he just sprawls out over my legs and as soon as my girlfriend gets out of the drivers seat he jumps on it and lays down!!

I can't believe how calm he is. Took him to the vets a couple of weeks ago for his myxy jab and the vet nurse who held him and vet who gave him the injection said they were surprised at how placid he was. He didn't even flinch at the jab! He just takes everything in his stride.

He absolutely adores dogs! Jumps up at them and runs off wanting them to chase him. Runs back over until they do then they run in circles around the pen!

I'm not sure how big the hutch is, I haven't measured it. It's 2 tiers but he's hardly ever in it really. The majority of the time he's in his pen in the garden (really struggle to get him out of that) or in the house.

Here's Oscar in the car!
229457_204804052893738_100000924336251_571490_6177492_n.jpg

Bunni_xx- Bugsy is so cute, i can't stop looking at him!

Ash thank you!!! I love that pic of him in the car :love: Like others, I would use a carrier or even a cardboard box x

I visit parents ever few months and take the buns with me. It meas a tram, train and car journey. and is 4 hours in all but they dont mind

I put them in cat carriers with these special vet beds in them, its really comfortable for them actually and they just chill out.

they have water toys and some treats they also love the attention they get from people awwing at them lol they revel in it *roles eyes*

my friends buns hate travelling and go mental in their carriers so it really depends.

my two get a big run before travelling then a big run when they get to my parents. my buns love my mum and dad and lay with them demanding a fuss so they enjoy being there plus they get to go in the garden which they dont have at mine until we move

Gorgeous Oscar. :love::love::love:

I would put him in a box or something secure when travelling though. Just in case he has a fright and ends up under your girlsfriends feet, as it could cause an accident.

I'd say that if he seems comfortable in the car or in his carry case then i should think he'll be ok :)

When i just had Fiver i used to wrap him in his blanket with his harness on to take him to my girlfriends at the time and he never bothered :) he loves being in the car, sitting on my knee and watching the world go by :)

Thank you all! :)
He's such a dream, he's not at all bothered when people coo over him but it makes me feel proud. haha

I do carry him in a box usually. He tried to crawl out onto me though so the other day i gave in and let him go on my legs. I let him out usually when she goes for petrol/into asda etc

He's been in the other hutch at my parents house and he doesn't act any differently and loves it in the garden there the same so i'm guessing he'll be fine!
Thanks for all the advice.

@MarieAnson- He was a surprise birthday gift so he's from a pet shop called Aqua Inn in Barnsley.
I don't agree with giving money to people who breed for money and pet shops as i'm sure people on here aren't. I've always had the intention of adopting when I had my own place but as i say, he was a gift and i will adopt a few in the future, to make up for it. :)

Back