• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

sooty stayed at the vets last night-updated hes home!

charl86

Alpha Buck
:cry:
Yesterday his poops had gotten quite runny then he stopped eating, took him to the vets and she's kept him in to observe his poops and keep him hydrated. Not sure what's caused it, or whether it's diarrhoea or just runny poops. I'm just waiting for the vet to call see what she thinks, hope he's done better overnight. Poor Sooty. :cry:

Last edited:
Just thought I'd update this to say I had a call from the vet nurse to say he's picked up a bit and eaten some food, but the vets gunna call later and explain things fully, we were looking into getting his molars burred right down to the gumline so I think shes gunna see if he's well enough to have this done incase dental problems have caused the issues.

Sorry missed your first post, poor Sooty, hope he's feeling better and that the vets can get to the bottom of his problem x

Thanks, I hope we can get to the bottom of things too, seems to be one thing after another with him lately. I'm really hoping the burring will relieve some pressure on his roots and get him nomming more hay, as I suspect it's all connected to that.

Sooty home!:D

He's alot brighter and is eating and drinking on his own, it was diarrhea that he had and his poops are still not 100% but improved alot since yesterday. He's got some fibreplex and metacam and he's booked in for a dental to have his teeth taken down to the gumline on friday providing all is still well then, so still not finished at the vets yet but a least he's home tonight, it didnt seem right him not being here last night.

Back