• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

could she be pregnant??? dont know what to do!!!

louiseb1000

Warren Scout
well you all know we got flopsy bun about 2/3 weeks ago shes actting bizzare !! i dont know what to do!! shes getting more and more nervous around us will not allow us to touch her unless shes next to floppy is getting rarther wide around the tummy sleeping alot and eats none stop!! could she be pregnant??

A rabbit should be eating all the time, so I wouldn't use that as an indicator. Generally (depending on the breed) because they are a prey species its not generall obvious they are pregnant from looking at the size of their tummy.

That said, depending on where she came from, she could be pregnant, but nothing you have described makes me immediately think she is.

Where did she come from?

How old is she?

What is her diet?

Also, please be patient when waiting for a reply. 8 minutes isn't very long at all :)

A rabbit should be eating all the time, so I wouldn't use that as an indicator. Generally (depending on the breed) because they are a prey species its not generall obvious they are pregnant from looking at the size of their tummy.

That said, depending on where she came from, she could be pregnant, but nothing you have described makes me immediately think she is.

Where did she come from?

How old is she?

What is her diet?

Also, please be patient when waiting for a reply. 8 minutes isn't very long at all :)

lol sorry about the patience lol !! worried mummeh lol
she was a pet shop bun i couldnt leave her there
shes about 5 mnths ols and she has daily pallets and unlimitted hay
floppy is neutered but when we got her the pet shop lady said should she be pregnant we would take the babies!!! like i would take them back there any how her nervousness unless nxt to floppy is concerning me

If there is the possibility she could be pregnant then you need to separate her from your boy and then rebond back when you know she isn't pregnant (which would be 35 days after you collected her), or even after she has been spayed and has recovered.

Other than that, you just have to be ready and vigilant, and be patient. How many days, exactly, did you collect her from the pet shop? Has she shown any signs of making a nest?

how many pellets does she get each day?

If there is the possibility she could be pregnant then you need to separate her from your boy and then rebond back when you know she isn't pregnant (which would be 35 days after you collected her), or even after she has been spayed and has recovered.

Other than that, you just have to be ready and vigilant, and be patient. How many days, exactly, did you collect her from the pet shop? Has she shown any signs of making a nest?

how many pellets does she get each ditay?

it was april 24th she takes all her hay and straw into the bedding area then eats most of it she has roughly a hand full of pellets a day but then she eats floppys aswell so i end up feeding him again shes a pigglet

Do you mean March 24th? If so, that was 19 days ago. You'll know you are clear by the 28th April.

None of that particularly sounds like a pregnancy. If she was pregnant she would be making a nest, not eating it, although she might eat it after if she realises its false. She might just hoard her food though.

Do you mean March 24th? If so, that was 19 days ago. You'll know you are clear by the 28th April.

None of that particularly sounds like a pregnancy. If she was pregnant she would be making a nest, not eating it, although she might eat it after if she realises its false. She might just hoard her food though.

sorry march 24th so very tired after my night shift last night thanks for the advice hun put my mind to rest no end so waiting for april 28th pheeww

I would suggest that he is the one you remove, and keep her in the same hutch, so that its familiar and she knows the smell of it. Obviously once rebonded they can both go back in there after its been neutralised and such.

I knew lucy was pregnant when she was lying flat on her belly lots with her legs out behind her (like happy feet only she wasnt happy) And i could see her belly rippling like a wave as she lay down....

Chances are if she is pregnanthe babies will now be damaged as I assume you have been handling her as you would any other bun :(

Id get her to the vets. I had to have lucys babys aborted as becuase she was unsettled- she would have killed them

I knew lucy was pregnant when she was lying flat on her belly lots with her legs out behind her (like happy feet only she wasnt happy) And i could see her belly rippling like a wave as she lay down....

Chances are if she is pregnanthe babies will now be damaged as I assume you have been handling her as you would any other bun :(

Id get her to the vets. I had to have lucys babys aborted as becuase she was unsettled- she would have killed them

That's really interesting. Stereotypically they tend to lie the opposite- with using their feet underneath their belly to support it. Mind you though, I guess like with pregnant ladies, different ladies find different positions beneficial.

pregnant lucy :

newbun007.jpg

Photo0169.jpg

Photo0166.jpg

newbun006.jpg

(I bonded her before I realised she was preggo :( )

She was far gone at this stage (about 3 and a half weeks)

ive not really picked her up alot as she dislikes it ive only stroked her the only person to pick her up really was the vet about 2 weeks ago and that was very gentle as kates loivley ive not really done a great deal of handling as shes been unsettled and is only now calming down she likes her strokes only when shes with floppy when shes away from him shes a different bun

If she is pregnant chances are she won't make a nest until the night before she gives birth and you will notice instantly what it is as it will be full of her fur.

Back