• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tybalt and Mercutio (gerbils)

Nicola1

Wise Old Thumper
Tybalt :love:

DSCI1252.jpg

DSCI1245.jpg

Mercutio in his temporary cage (hoping to bond them together) :love:

DSCI1254.jpg

DSCI1255.jpg

Lovely. :love: They both look quite young. Did they lady say how old they were?

The guy she got them from had no idea about their past or how old they were. He had 'rescued' them from free ads. He had 15 cats, over 10 rabbits, a dog, a boa, a bearded dragon, the gerbils, 3 hamsters and 3 guinea pigs. He shut them in his spare room and just left them :cry: in their own filth, not handling them or anything, just feeding them when he remembered. The cages were so filthy they had to be thrown away :cry:

Mercutio is quite a chunky little man. All four must have been well-handled at some point (the girls were tunneling so didn't want to disturb for photos!), as they are quite happy to let me hold them. The hamsters are much worse, they are very skittish I may have sneaked a Syrian as well :oops::lol:

Poor things. I'd say they are probably between 1 and 2 years old. Always hard to tell in certain coat colours - very hard in white! The Agouti still has quite a vibrant coat so thats why i reckon they aren't that old.

Poor things. I'd say they are probably between 1 and 2 years old. Always hard to tell in certain coat colours - very hard in white! The Agouti still has quite a vibrant coat so thats why i reckon they aren't that old.

They are in great condition :) I was really surprised expected them to be in a real mess when she told me about them. His coat is quite vibrant I didn't realise you could tell from their coats. I'll get some better pics of him tomorrow :wave:

Well, the hair will lighten with age, and gerbils with white tummies and a solid coloured top covering means it's more apparant as the tummy line gets higher and higher as more grey/white hairs come in. It's not totally accurate but at least you can sort of hazard a guess that way!

Back