• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit projects

hurricanhoney

Wise Old Thumper
Thought I would start a thread of things people want to do for their rabbits and to post pics and progress when done.

Diego's playhouse needs painting inside, new lino put down and a new wooden step.

Shed needs tidying and lots of stuff dumping and repainting and to move all my bunny stuff to shed.

Storage playhouse I need to repaint inside and out put lino in and possibly make a wire door so it could be emergency housing perhaps or foster housing. If there is enough room in the shed to put rabbit stuff in once cleared.

Add yours. :wave:

My 2 main projects are:

1. Build a large fox prrof run
2. Find a wendy house/shed to convert into a hutch/run so I can get 2 rescues :D

Our on going project is getting the larger part of the run re-foxproofed.
This involves:
Buying some slabs for the floor.
Building roof to it - This is now done though, very pleased with the result, two thirds of the roof is covered with plastic sheeting so its nice and dry underneath :D
Re-meshing some part (there are still parts that are just chicken wire

Also jobs for this summer: paint shed/run, re-lino shed floor.

I will be kept busy :roll:

I want to get some more of those plastic stools and turn them into a climbing frame type thing - Apache loves to sit on high things. Nowhere near me sells them though so might be a bit of a challenge :roll:

Main one is getting rid of all plants in my garden that are potentially unsafe for bunnies so that we dont have to hover right behind them when they are free-ranging.

Over the weekend we ripped down the old jasmine plant and the clematis and they have gone in the bin. A climbing rose will be replacing them. So the patio is completely safe for them now.

Next project is to do the sunny border and grow bunny herbs/flowers in them, last will be the shady border that we dont know what we are going to do with yet, but at the very least needs de-weeding.

We also need to insulate the shed and kennel and make the roofing better/add guttering. Also add netting over the windows to keep flies out.

They are going to keep us very busy this summer! :lol:

1. Get mesh and wood and build some aviary panels.
2. Clear shed out and get some rescue chickens ( I know not bunny at all :D )
3. Bond the girls and Munchkin :shock: (keep making excuses to put it off. I love my ickle heart bun and he sleeps with me)
4. Get all their vacs done asap now Cheeks is mite free.
5. Win lottery!

1. Hopefully one day get an aviary

Onto the more realistic projects

2. Re-mesh the inner door with weld mesh
3. Keep my flowers and herbs alive

mine is
1, repaint bracken and Barneys hutch.
2, Build new 8ft by 5ft run for Barney and Bracken.
3, finish building Pixel and the girls hutches.
4, Repaint pixel and girls runs.
5, lino all hutches
6, make a new run for boo so he can play on the grass when we are home.
7, need to re seed and grow the grass trays for all my bunnies.
8, repot the bunnies herbs planters now they have eaten them all.

not much to do lol. just need to good weather and it will be a breeze.

Back