• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Daisy-Boo please - u/d seen vet -u/d2! Nomming

HS

Wise Old Thumper
Daisy-Boo was fine this morning, nomming on hay and greens.
When I got home she was hiding, and wouldn't come out for dandelion leaves, so I suspected something wrong. I can't or feel anything wrong with her. Her tummy feels fine, but she is really lacking spirit and lifeless. She let me pick her up without a fight. :(
She's had some fibreplex and cooled boiled water, and when I put her back in the run, she's gone straight into the hutch and backed into a corner.
I'm going to give her half an hour to see if she improves after the fibreplex, but it will be straight to the vet if not.
Could we have some vibes for my beautiful girl please.

Last edited:
a lot of bunnies are going down with stasis..not sure if it's the heat we've been having....best treatment..Ranitidine, sub cut fluids, metacam and keep them warm..avoid gassy/sugary veg..small amount of herbs, pellets and hay..don't be tempted to massage tum too much as can rupture
our vet says fluids are really important so insist on them if she hasn't improved
Hope she is ok xxxx

Thanks Jill. I'm fairly sure she won't have improved, so will be taking her. :(

a lot of bunnies are going down with stasis..not sure if it's the heat we've been having....best treatment..Ranitidine, sub cut fluids, metacam and keep them warm..avoid gassy/sugary veg..small amount of herbs, pellets and hay..don't be tempted to massage tum too much as can rupture
our vet says fluids are really important so insist on them if she hasn't improved
Hope she is ok xxxx

Thanks. I'm a little beside myself as I can't get through to our vet. I've never used their out of hours before, and no one's answering the phone, so I'm a bit stuck.
I'll keep trying.

Well, couldn't get through, so sent them a message via facebook asking them to contact me:shock:
but couldn't wait really, so rang the vet I used to use and got her in there instead. He gave her a good checking over, and she actually seemed fairly lively. He has given her gut stimulant and vitamins and I have another sachet of recovery food. Very trusting though - didn't expect me to pay there and then but said I could pop in and pay it off :?
She's had some recovery food, and I saw her having a good clean and now she's back in a big pile of hay and straw in the run. I've left her to settle and I'll pop out again in a few minutes.
Anyway, my vet got the message, and has since phoned. Their phone system has gone wrong. Ho-hum. The important thing is DB has her meds.

Just been out to check on them and she was roaming the run :D I threw in a huge pile of hay, and she started to nom it, and has had a couple of dandelion leaves as well. Such a good girl - phew!

Lots of vibes for Daisy-Boo :love:

Hope she is feeling much better today and can enjoy some time in the sunshine :wave:

Back