• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Inmates Improve!! (Gerbils)

Minimallow

Wise Old Thumper
Well the Gerbils we got recently who had been a bit neglected have been doing fantastic. It's always lovely when a good bit of TLC does the trick. Here they are when they first came in.

random509.jpg

random506.jpg

Aaaaaand took these today :D:love:

random570.jpg

random573.jpg

random599.jpg

They still have a few war wounds but look so much healthier. Makes me a very happy woman!

Yep they are! They aren't cuddly as such like you can get with hamsters etc, although if you spend the time with them they can become really tame. They are great fun and lovely to watch as they build their little tunnel systems :)
I've only ever been properly bitten by a gerbil once, in over 15 years of having them as pets - thats including ones who have come into the rehome.
I do have a couple (and have done in the past) who love cuddles and strokes etc and if they are really enjoying it they purr like a cat :love:

They look great! I love gerbils: I have 4 and they're incredibly different to rabbits, it's often confusing. I sometimes think that I'm going to need to get my gerbils neutered and vaccinated soon haha x

They look great! I love gerbils: I have 4 and they're incredibly different to rabbits, it's often confusing. I sometimes think that I'm going to need to get my gerbils neutered and vaccinated soon haha x

Well i've had gerbils neutered before but never vaccinated yet.......... :lol:

:love::love: What a vast improvement already.

Have you decided on names for them all yet?

Well - the two in the picture are called Digit (he has one of his back toes missing) and Dash (always dashing around) The other pair who were the two singles (one black one agouti) were named by Aaron so Scooby (black) and Scrappy :lol:

Awwww. :love: Aaron's let me down once again though - there's no poo-bum or bogies in those names either. :roll::lol::lol:

Awwww. :love: Aaron's let me down once again though - there's no poo-bum or bogies in those names either. :roll::lol::lol:

No :( Unfortunately he's matured slightly - but don't worry! am sure hubby will bring him back down to his level soon :D:lol:

Back