• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dill's constant chewing.

willowholly

Mama Doe
Dill has always been a chewer,just like B has always been a digger.He chews on his cardboard box,but if I take it off him cause I'm worried he will get a blockage he then starts chewing the door,skirting boards etc.He has lots of chew toys,twigs,hay & he chews them too.He always seems to want to gnaw on something.I read the other day that this can be due to lack of roughage but he has everything he could possibly need in that respect.Do you think there is a problem?He is not distructive,unless I take his box away,I'm just worried there could be an underlying problem.Any ideas?:)

how are his teeth, a sign that i never thought of with mabel, as she likes chewing on wooden toys etc, but it got abit more last week, before i discovered she has molar spurs that needed sorting out

His incisors are perfect but molars never been checked apart from vet feeling jaw.We didn't think there was a problem as he eats so well.A money grabbing vet once told me Will had spurs but when her own vet returned from hols she said she hadn't & never had a dental prob in 7years.So to be honest ive never worried about their teeth whilst they are eating so well.Will get them checked next time we go to vets unless there is a problem in the meantime.:)

Back