• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits and public transport

charl86

Alpha Buck
I've got to take sooty to the vets in a bit and I don't think I can get lift, is it okay to take them on the bus or taxi, they're never funny about you getting in with them are they? Probably a silly question but I've never took an animal on public transport before :oops:

They are fine in either as long as you have a secure carrier. If you opt for a taxi, tell them when you phone encase the driver has allergies. Taxi drivers round here try and make me put them in the boot, but i refuse :lol:

Good luck at vet :wave:

I think if you rang and asked the taxi company if they have any that dont mind it should be fine. I know my local taxi firm there are a few fussy ones and a lots that are fine with it. think they dont mind cos they are in a carry box. You can only try cant you

Okay thanks I'll check when I ring, worst comes to worst the vets is within walking distance I just don't wanna stress him by doing that.

Mine always go to the vet on the bus. I've seen the hardest teenager melt when they see my bunnies on the bus :)

They are fine in either as long as you have a secure carrier. If you opt for a taxi, tell them when you phone encase the driver has allergies. Taxi drivers round here try and make me put them in the boot, but i refuse :lol:

Good luck at vet :wave:

:shock:

im very lucky taxi drivers round here dont mind amimals in a carrier its the animals that cant go in one that a prob

I was told by a taxi firm here (aberystwyth) that it is in their license from the council that they have to take an animal if they are going to the vet. I always ask though, in case of alergies etc

Back