• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rescued a REW Dwarf Lop This Afternoon U/D Pic P11

Lspacehopper

Wise Old Thumper
I called into a place in Ollerton that sells absolutely everything. I was looking to see if they had any bunny things and then ventured into the woodyard. I'm looking for an untreated box to put into the bunny shed to store their food etc.

There was one of those tiny little triangular run things with a little hidey hole. In it was a REW dwarf lop. The bun had no hay, there were a few flecks of straw hanging round and I opened the hidey hole bit and it was inches deep in droppings (but no bedding or anything).

I asked to speak to someone and told them that the conditions were not acceptable. I think they panicked. Turned out they didn't want the rabbit and it was in there for somewhere to keep it.

So ..... I left with nothing for my bunnies, but I did acquire the REW!!

Booked her in for a vet check this afternoon and Amy is going to temporarily give her a home until we can find somewhere permanent for her.

If anyone has any ideas, please help. I'm prepared to have her neutered (if needed) and vaccinated.

Last edited:
Laura, I pass through Ollerton every week to get to my parents, if you pm me the name of the shop I will make sure I keep popping in and checking that they don't aquire more animals!

Poor little mite! Is she very old do you think? Sorry I don't have any helpful suggestions, but I hope she does well at her vet check and has no problems. Good luck x

Laura replied on Fb..we can take her after Easter..so if Amy can foster til then fine..well done for rescuing her

Well done. :D:D:D

Now this little bunny has a chance of love and happiness. Yippee!!!

It never fails to amaze me such kindness shown to bunnies, that get rescued by individuals willing to put their hands in their pockets, for vaccinations and neutering.

My OH despairs at times. :roll::roll:

As many people would say .....it's only a rabbit!!!! NOT.

Good luck little REW bunny. xxxx

Well done. :D:D:D

Now this little bunny has a chance of love and happiness. Yippee!!!

It never fails to amaze me such kindness shown to bunnies, that get rescued by individuals willing to put their hands in their pockets, for vaccinations and neutering.

My OH despairs at times. :roll::roll:

As many people would say .....it's only a rabbit!!!! NOT.

Good luck little REW bunny. xxxx

:) :) :) xx

This is the lady herself :love:

Princess.jpg

Oh bless her!!! Glad you rescued her, she's got such a lovely smooshy face! She needs an RU special name.

My suggestions - Millie after the girlie bunny on the Fat Fluff's calendar this month.

:love:

Welcome Princess Honeybun to the wonderful world of love. :love::love:

You will now have lovely food to eat, fresh water to drink, somewhere safe to sleep.

And best of all....................................someone who will love you.:love::love::love::love::D:D:D

Back