• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Baby on the way...

KimmyKat

Young Bun
Hey RU :wave:

I know some of you have children and bunnies together, so i would just like some advice and reassurance really as i've been worrying a little as time goes by!

Anyways, i'm 6 months pregnant, and as i love my benji soooo much i just want him to have a happy stress free life! He lives in my flat with me, and as its very quiet around here, he gets scared of some noises and he's a very shy bunny, and is scared of strangers and only really trusts me and my very close friend.
What i'm worried about is all the noise, different smells, all my routines and benjis routines getting messed up! I will do my best for him when the little ones here but i know hes not gonna like it! I'd really appreicate it if you could all give me some advice or experience youve all had with new babys and bunnys living together?

Thankyou for reading :)

Thankyou, :) good luck! I found when i didnt really expect it, it happened! =o And plus i didnt think i could have children!

Dont get me wrong i'm very excited, but i want my bunbun to be happy too :love:

congratulations! I'm not sure what to advise really, but hopefully benji will get used to the crying once he realises nothing bad is going to happen when he hears it?

I'm 3 months pregnant but mine are outside and my biggest worry is how on earth i'm going ot be able to reach inside their hutch and run to clean it out once my bump gets bigger, i'm struggling already so think might have to train OH up on how to do it :shock:

congratulations! I'm not sure what to advise really, but hopefully benji will get used to the crying once he realises nothing bad is going to happen when he hears it?

I'm 3 months pregnant but mine are outside and my biggest worry is how on earth i'm going ot be able to reach inside their hutch and run to clean it out once my bump gets bigger, i'm struggling already so think might have to train OH up on how to do it :shock:

Ooh, congratulations also :)

Yep, i thought he might get used to it, i really hope hes happy once he does! Hes going to my friends for a week or so when the baby is born to make things easier for me! And as they'll be lots of people about i dont want him to be stressed and he likes it at my friends too :)

Oohh you will have to let your OH help, getting up and downs quite a struggle, especially if you already are! You could just stand there and tell him how to do it :)

Ooh, congratulations also :)

Yep, i thought he might get used to it, i really hope hes happy once he does! Hes going to my friends for a week or so when the baby is born to make things easier for me! And as they'll be lots of people about i dont want him to be stressed and he likes it at my friends too :)

Oohh you will have to let your OH help, getting up and downs quite a struggle, especially if you already are! You could just stand there and tell him how to do it :)

Congratulations first of all! The bit in bold is a VERY good idea, maybe go round with baby for periods of time to get him used to it? I'm 14, so not really got much experience lol :lol::lol:

My son was about 7 months when I got my first rabbit so really he has grown up with them. Every rabbit I have had here has seemed to be unphased by my son though they all live outside they have 'in house' time. He plays outside beside the hutches so they have gotten used to the noise and I always make sure they have settled in and are happy with their surroundings before they are introduced to my son (I take in foster rabbits as well). My son is always supervised around them and knows not to pick them up though he is allowed to stroke them and I happily let him feed them etc.

I do have space (or the table) for them to hide under if they have had enough of him but to be honest he tends to get bored very quickly so that isn't really a problem.

Thankyou Bunni, i thought so too :) i didnt think of taking him around there though! Which i will do now, thankies :)

Molly, yep i have a two bedroom flat, the spare room is for my bunny for the time being so he has places to hide and things but i know its gonna be really stressful time with him, he usually has the whole run of my flat, and i'm sure he'll just be really scared too when the baby is about! I'm glad they get used to the noise :) i also thought that he'll grow up with animals too, so hopefully he'll be real gentle? :) thanks for the response x

as long as hes got his own personal escape, rest , place to hide where the baby has no way of getting to him he should be fine,

not only for his sake but for babies, even the most gentle bun can get scared and bite out of fear

Thankyou Bunni, i thought so too :) i didnt think of taking him around there though! Which i will do now, thankies :)

Molly, yep i have a two bedroom flat, the spare room is for my bunny for the time being so he has places to hide and things but i know its gonna be really stressful time with him, he usually has the whole run of my flat, and i'm sure he'll just be really scared too when the baby is about! I'm glad they get used to the noise :) i also thought that he'll grow up with animals too, so hopefully he'll be real gentle? :) thanks for the response x

Kids learn really quickly by example, if the baby sees you being quiet and gentle around the bun they will do that too. I always supervise though as my son is very inquisitive and they can do things that maybe the bun wouldn't like like putting fingers in eyes/ears etc or maybe trying to feed them crisps and the like, not from being naughty just wanting to learn and be 'helpful' :roll: though hes now nearly 4 and doesn't do much stuff like that anymore. You'll be fine :wave:

areia, yep he has his own room and everything :)

Thankyou :) i feel much better! I'm glad i've got RU to turn too :wave:

they will be fine dont worry i have a 3 year old and 7month old and stan they have been brought up together kids learn fast. good luck :wave:

im 9mths and what a sight.me on hands and knees sweeping the run out :lol: you get round it though

Back