• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bobby and Carlo's food Diary UD 20th April, all good in the hood

Shellypops

Wise Old Thumper
Thanks for the idea Susie and Fluffers

Bobby is fine now, lots of hay eating and stuff.

However carlo now has a really mucky bottom :cry:

so am starting this diary

today Bobby has had 5 ss pellets

Carlo has had 5

they have had lots of hay, and two bowls of water.

I have fed a little bit of grass (to get them used to it so they can outside.

I have fed 1 strawberry leaf each, two plaintain leaves.

They have had two dark bramble leaves each also.

I wanted to try nettles but do I have to go for a certain type?? eg dark?

So fingers crossed Carlo should have a clean bum, because he seems to have got slightly worse with the natural diet :?

maybe the stuff is too rich??

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
maybe just too many new items too soon?? when i add to the diet i add one thing at a time and leave atleast a week before something else.

also im fairly sure people say spring grass can affect buns, not sure why it does tho :?

maybe just too many new items too soon?? when i add to the diet i add one thing at a time and leave atleast a week before something else.

also im fairly sure people say spring grass can affect buns, not sure why it does tho :?

Okay, well the grass has always been in their diet, and I did more foraging last summer, but I suppose that I would have to start as if he had never had it again?

Okay, well the grass has always been in their diet, and I did more foraging last summer, but I suppose that I would have to start as if he had never had it again?

i do if they havent had something for a while.

i only slightly understand why guts are so delicate but food they have tolerated before i think needs to be reintroduced as if new if the gut bacteria has got used to not having it?

alvin used to love broccoli, after months of not having it i gave it as if there had not been a break and bang stasis :( im very very wary now about variation on veg at all.

i do if they havent had something for a while.

i only slightly understand why guts are so delicate but food they have tolerated before i think needs to be reintroduced as if new if the gut bacteria has got used to not having it?

alvin used to love broccoli, after months of not having it i gave it as if there had not been a break and bang stasis :( im very very wary now about variation on veg at all.

Me too, :cry: Weirdly, Bobby is sound, she has had mainly hay and two maybe three leaves a day.

Carlo doesn't seem to cope well with anything:? He has never stopped eating, he just has a skiddy bottom.

I'm thinking of trying him on hay only for a while..

Bobby likes it Carlo hates it unfortunatley :cry:

How about if you rub it in banana, maybe he'll eat it then.
Or squeeze it in a small piece of banana, he'll eat it unknowingly, but will hate you for abit after he realised what you tricked him to do:lol:

How about if you rub it in banana, maybe he'll eat it then.
Or squeeze it in a small piece of banana, he'll eat it unknowingly, but will hate you for abit after he realised what you tricked him to do:lol:

I don't feed Carlo fruit, because he gets worse with anything too sweet :cry:
I'm just worried as it it's getting to summer and I still have not been able to get him sorted :cry:

I don't feed Carlo fruit, because he gets worse with anything too sweet :cry:
I'm just worried as it it's getting to summer and I still have not been able to get him sorted :cry:

:cry:
I hope you can sort something out :[
How about keeping him on only a hay diet :?

:cry:
I hope you can sort something out :[
How about keeping him on only a hay diet :?

I think I'm going to have to. In fact, since I have had issues with Bobby as well, it couldn't hurt could it?

Does anyone know if I should reduce hay and pelletts gradually?? or can I just start on hay only tommorrow??

My bunnies are VERY good hay eaters so I'm sure they won't mind :lol:

I think I'm going to have to. In fact, since I have had issues with Bobby as well, it couldn't hurt could it?

Does anyone know if I should reduce hay and pelletts gradually?? or can I just start on hay only tommorrow??

My bunnies are VERY good hay eaters so I'm sure they won't mind :lol:

I think I have read to reduce pellets gradually

Hi hun :wave:
Sorry to hear Carlo has a dirty bum now :(
I reckon a hay only diet might be a good idea until his tum settles again, Id reduce the pellets by 1 a day so that in 5 days time they're on none, just to be extra cautious.
Loooooads of vibes for Senoir Carlo and Madame Bobby xxxxxxxxxx

Hi hun :wave:
Sorry to hear Carlo has a dirty bum now :(
I reckon a hay only diet might be a good idea until his tum settles again, Id reduce the pellets by 1 a day so that in 5 days time they're on none, just to be extra cautious.
Loooooads of vibes for Senoir Carlo and Madame Bobby xxxxxxxxxx

Thanks Gemma, I'm always on tenterhooks, I think when Bobby had her episode, he has gone round hoovering everything up :roll:

And all the changes are bound to make him yucky

Me too, :cry: Weirdly, Bobby is sound, she has had mainly hay and two maybe three leaves a day.

Carlo doesn't seem to cope well with anything:? He has never stopped eating, he just has a skiddy bottom.

I'm thinking of trying him on hay only for a while..

pearl had a cast iron tummy too :? Ste's moms buns can eat anything and loads of it too without issues :? just not fair we seem to find the iffy bunnies is it :(

pearl had a cast iron tummy too :? Ste's moms buns can eat anything and loads of it too without issues :? just not fair we seem to find the iffy bunnies is it :(

I always thought I had dodged it to be honest, Carlo has always had a slightly skiddy bum, but is always bright.

Bobby has stopped eating four times since I had her now. But thats including after the spey, which took her three days to start eating. :shock:

I sometimes wonder if it's because they live indoors :?

Good luck with finding the right diet for them. I should really reduce Spenser's pellets as I've accidentally upped them a bit since he went back outside. :oops:

Back