• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just sent an email to 3 hutch sellers on Gumtree

whitehood

Warren Veteran
All of the ads were advertising that their hutches are fox proof and ideal for rabbits...
I think not! :no:

Here's the exact message I sent to all three sellers:

Hello I've just seen your ad on gumtree, and the hutch you are selling is too small even for the smallest breed of rabbit, the recommended size for a rabbit hutch is 6x2x2 feet.
The hutch should be long enough for the rabbit to make 3-4 hops side ways(6ft), stand up (2ft) and wide across to lay down (2ft).

I didn't want to get rude, so that's all I wrote hopefully they'll realise their hutch is too small and it should be taken off and burned at the stake. :lol:
If they know the recommended size then they should realise their 3 ft hutch stand no chance.

Last edited:
Good for you! A lot of people don't take well to being told though so I would expect to get burned! They are probably just looking to make some money out of it and aren't fussed about the welfare of it.

Well done!

You were polite - so many people just rant and rave at the sellers, which just gets their backs up. People are far more likely to take notice of friendly advice like yours :)

Back