• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vetbed- Litter Tray Base?

Ambience

Warren Veteran
Do you use a vet bed as a litter tray base for poorly buns? I've used ecobed, but now i've laid vetbed in the cage base and also towels. Am i doing this right, should i be using any additional litter?

Thanks.

p.s tempted to do out all the hutches with vet bed too- it's so fluffy and lovely :)

Took my own initiative here- it's amazing how little mess bunnies make on vet bed. I hope they are not holding it!

The bed had stray droppings on which were easily removed and the whole thing thrown in the washer this morning. I love "new" vet beds, not the same once washed :)

Are they okay to be washed at 40c - i do cassies' on this- but just wondered if that may be why it doesn't feel the same as it did?

Have a nice amount of vetbed on those rolls of amazon- 3mtrs.

brush vet bed with a slicker brush after you wash it it will keep it fluffy for a bit longer a trick from working in kennels :)

I saw on a website to wash it at 30.
I'd be interested in seeing some pics of your vetbed set up as I've just ordered some too :)

Back