• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

i have had to stop her......what would you do?

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
berties really nastily injured....the extent of his tail and back end he was not amused...and the injury is so sore......

bluebell had humped him twice last week.....and he lets her then spins and chases her and she legs it...coming back later to see if hes forgiven her yet.

they have NEVER had so much as one scrap.......this is the very first time either of them had humped the other since they bonded last year:shock:

now hes in pain she started humping him and fur got pulled out where she hung on like they do...3 small clumps.......she went to do it again tonight...i pushed her off.....twice as i was worried about his tail. she wbertie chased her a few inches..itsasnt amused and enough...she runs and hides from him even tho he never hurts her.

bertie then tottled off in the hallway...bluebell came back in and was freaking out terrified....suddenly she spied bertie and they instantly had a snuggle.:love:

shes always washing him thoroughly..hes always a slapdash cleaner of all buns hes lived with. They wash each other at the same time more often than anything else. Shes been caught licking the wee stains off his feet and knickers since he got hurt:shock:

merlin washed bertie like bluebell does..but he didnt over groom and cause scabs.....

so the dominant bunny in the relationship is the bunny who most often washes the other bunny?

bertie cannot be bothered to scrap but every now and then when shes chased the cats for no reason......or shes nicked his dried cherry..he will grunt and lunge a little then straight back to snoozy bunny mode.

i know i should leave them to it...its not as if theyre scrapping...yet..i guess....so they dont need to be parted......but am i that wrong for intervening until hes healed up?

she cant manage a full minute without bertie...shes become very clingy and needy all of the suden....and more and more aggressive to the cats..but upstairs she goes up there and plays with them...so it has to be territorial..but not room...bertie!!!:shock::lol:

mind you i get jealous when hes washing her face or top of her head.....i wonder if i push her out of the way and lay down....would he notice?:lol:

i got upset and said id rehome her if she didnt start getting on with the cats instead of terrifying them...zuzus going to start zykline pills for her bad nerves re big blue!!

she sat and stared at me and waggled her ears and held them so she looked sorry and innocent,

you got me i said......i couldnt let her go....no one would understand her violent mood swings or aggressive nipping as communicating..theyd say she bites. And the clowning around she does and the wrecking and raiding she does.....:lol:

i know she annoys bertie as he misses his cuddles with the cats and vice versa......and when she gets cocky..but he loves her and she loves him..he was all that held her together when her sister was pts:(

she reminds me of bif in many ways...territorial.....brave but its a mask...shes actually pretty fragile and scared.....and suddenly uber clingy with bertie.:(..since the horrific seizures hes had.....

angie..youre safe.....i promise not to post her back:wave::lol:

i am hoping her sisters arrival here will help her with a distraction..either bonding or not.......

she reminds me of my willow..a frenchie doe who was convinced she was a cat.......and as mad as a hatter.....and could climb/jump/periscope anywhere and everywhere...no conception of fear of heights esp!! nutty bunny:lol:

i wish you could see them now..had a lovely washing session....a snack....and now.....bunny puddle cuddles:love:

the lack of fur from berties injury begs me to differ over the thought that bluebell had attacked him...all bonded buns have one arguement a day.....but not these two...nor bertie with merlin.

i cannot split them up..they cant cope....but i will continue to push her off each time until hes healed.....would you do that?

berties really nastily injured....the extent of his tail and back end he was not amused...and the injury is so sore......

bluebell had humped him twice last week.....and he lets her then spins and chases her and she legs it...coming back later to see if hes forgiven her yet.

they have NEVER had so much as one scrap.......this is the very first time either of them had humped the other since they bonded last year:shock:

now hes in pain she started humping him and fur got pulled out where she hung on like they do...3 small clumps.......she went to do it again tonight...i pushed her off.....twice as i was worried about his tail. she wbertie chased her a few inches..itsasnt amused and enough...she runs and hides from him even tho he never hurts her.

bertie then tottled off in the hallway...bluebell came back in and was freaking out terrified....suddenly she spied bertie and they instantly had a snuggle.:love:

shes always washing him thoroughly..hes always a slapdash cleaner of all buns hes lived with. They wash each other at the same time more often than anything else. Shes been caught licking the wee stains off his feet and knickers since he got hurt:shock:

merlin washed bertie like bluebell does..but he didnt over groom and cause scabs.....

so the dominant bunny in the relationship is the bunny who most often washes the other bunny?

bertie cannot be bothered to scrap but every now and then when shes chased the cats for no reason......or shes nicked his dried cherry..he will grunt and lunge a little then straight back to snoozy bunny mode.

i know i should leave them to it...its not as if theyre scrapping...yet..i guess....so they dont need to be parted......but am i that wrong for intervening until hes healed up?

she cant manage a full minute without bertie...shes become very clingy and needy all of the suden....and more and more aggressive to the cats..but upstairs she goes up there and plays with them...so it has to be territorial..but not room...bertie!!!:shock::lol:

mind you i get jealous when hes washing her face or top of her head.....i wonder if i push her out of the way and lay down....would he notice?:lol:

i got upset and said id rehome her if she didnt start getting on with the cats instead of terrifying them...zuzus going to start zykline pills for her bad nerves re big blue!!

she sat and stared at me and waggled her ears and held them so she looked sorry and innocent,

you got me i said......i couldnt let her go....no one would understand her violent mood swings or aggressive nipping as communicating..theyd say she bites. And the clowning around she does and the wrecking and raiding she does.....:lol:

i know she annoys bertie as he misses his cuddles with the cats and vice versa......and when she gets cocky..but he loves her and she loves him..he was all that held her together when her sister was pts:(

she reminds me of bif in many ways...territorial.....brave but its a mask...shes actually pretty fragile and scared.....and suddenly uber clingy with bertie.:(..since the horrific seizures hes had.....

angie..youre safe.....i promise not to post her back:wave::lol:

i am hoping her sisters arrival here will help her with a distraction..either bonding or not.......

she reminds me of my willow..a frenchie doe who was convinced she was a cat.......and as mad as a hatter.....and could climb/jump/periscope anywhere and everywhere...no conception of fear of heights esp!! nutty bunny:lol:

i wish you could see them now..had a lovely washing session....a snack....and now.....bunny puddle cuddles:love:

the lack of fur from berties injury begs me to differ over the thought that bluebell had attacked him...all bonded buns have one arguement a day.....but not these two...nor bertie with merlin.

i cannot split them up..they cant cope....but i will continue to push her off each time until hes healed.....would you do that?

Yes :)

phew .. was just going to seal up my post box ..:shock: :lol: ;)

seriously .. yes i would intervene till hes feeling better ..

who would have thought that girl would be sooooooooo much trouble :shock:..are you sure you are ready for two more :shock:

Yes, I would stop her, Debbie. Bertie is such an incredibly laid back cuddle monster, and Bluebell is so much younger and livelier, Bertie needs some help.

I don't know how you cope with the animal dynamics in your house. Mine all seem to co-exist fairly happily - they have the odd scrap but no damage is done.

They all looked so peaceful when I visited - clearly an act put on to fool me:oops:

I especially :love: Bertie and your gorgeous kitty who kept coming to me for snuggles and nose rubs. And Bluebell was so squishy and bunniful - and big!

I PM'd Kirsty to ask about the bun run and have had no response so will try again. I really want to do it the week after Easter as I have 10 days off.

thank you..i did it tonight too..its so odd as shes just started now...why? sigh...

bertie and merlin are so laid back and loving..bondings no issue neither is humping:shock: but bluebell and even dazy-mae went for the cats and merlin.

it may have something to do with merlin being secretly ill:? but the cats....zuzus heartbroken not spending time having huggles with daddy bertie:(
dylan kitty loves washing bertie and having a snuggle...bertie laps it up as salem was even more attached to bertie and it brings back memories for bertie:love:

i am hoping her sisters arent as bad as bluebell for chasing and biting the cats:shock:

basically the animals get along....its bluebell rocking the boat.....but what you saw karen...was the way it is most of the time.

karen, the kitty who fussed over you and got in your bag is dylan...:lol:

i cannot wait for the girls...:wave:

Dylan - how could I forget that - it's the name of my OAB (old age bunny):oops: Such a snuggle kitty. I could so easily have catnapped him:oops:

Kirsty and I have provisionally booked Thurs 28 April as bunny run day - I can do that day and borrow a car and Kirsty often has a Thurs free - so, fingers crossed.

whoo hoo...thank you hun:wave:

yes dylan...how could you forget:lol:

i will post dylan 1st class....bound and gagged:lol: little swine...norty norty kitty:lol:

thank you karen......and thank kirsty.....hopefully this will stop bluebell concentrating on the cats.

we hope!!:lol:

Back