• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Found Rabbit - Any rabbit rescues in the Selby/York area?

tigerangel

Warren Veteran
Bit of a long shot... my sister has found a rabbit wandering in the Barlby area (near Selby, North Yorkshire) If anyone's missing a bun from around that area please PM me :wave: my sister is not at all rabbit savvy and I'm 220 miles away from her, so cannot tell whether male or female, nor accurately guess size of bun :?

Given that the rabbit's current health looks questionable from photos (it looks welll-kept but has an extremely runny eye...hopefully not myxi...) I have told my sister to take it to a rabbit rescue. Can anyone suggest a rescue around that area? I know of one, but it's not a particularly rabbit knowledgable one, the only other one I know if is the main RSPCA centre and I don't know if they are accepting non-cruelty cases.

My sister has both a dog and a cat, she currently has bunny in her bath with towels, water and grass but because of the dog and cat she can't keep hold of it longer than tonight for its own safety :?

Thanks - have checked that list already and found nothing nearby other than the 1 I mentioned in my post :(

I have just had a text to say that bunny has been accepted by the RSPCA branch in Clifton, York. I hope it's owner is able to come forward or if not, paired up with another bun and re-homed.

I was surprised they accepted the bun, but I'm not sure if it's strictly RSPCA or if it's only associated with the RSPCA like the Bath branch is. I hope he or she has a happy ending!

That's good news. I think the York one is an independent branch. Good to know they accept strays for future reference. I hope the owner can be found, or he finds a fantastic new home. :)

Back