• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does it ever get any easier?

Becky86

Wise Old Thumper
:cry::cry:

I've been so strong, until today.

Every Sunday i look after my little cousin. Hes 4 and has been bought up around adults. Today, we were driving home after i'd popped into Sainsburys for some veg for the buns and i asked him what he was doing tomorrow. He said, 'Im going to heaven to visit Scamp - i know you miss him Becky but the angels are looking after him' :cry::cry: I didn't know what to say, my heart broke and i could feel tears running down my face. I got home and he ran inside to play with his toys, and i stood in the kitchen sobbing my heart out. I know hes only 4 but gosh, i've been so upset since.

When will it get easier? :cry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4NLjQuo2k4 I miss him so much xxxx

It will always hurt, and there will always, always be those incredibly painful moments, like today. You lost an amazing friend and you're always going to grieve with him.

That said, as you move through the grief process things do change, but I have yet to work out if its due to changes in how you feel or if you sort of 'get used' to missing them.

Be patient with yourself. Losing someone you love is incredibly difficult, and sadly, the pain does stay, but that's because they offered so much joy in life.

So sorry for your loss :cry:
I lost a bun [my first bun] who looked the same as your bun :cry:
Hope them both rest in peace :)
Couldn't watch all the vid was to upsetting.

Scamp's video was one of the first things I saw when I joined The Forum last year ... what a special boy he looks. xx

Most of the time it gets easier because you get used to them not being here. God knows how long emotions can stay raw given particular strong reminders though :cry::cry::cry::cry:

The bond you had with Scamp was so special, losing him like you did was particularly cruel:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Thank you all ((hugs)) I honestly though i was getting better, i thought it was beginning to get easier as i can talk about him without crying, whereas before i couldn't even do that. I guess sometimes things just get hard again.

Scamp was so special, life is so cruel at times :( xx

In all honesty, I'm still heartbroken about Mable. It absolutly kills me every time I think about her.
It's two years next month, and although it's easier day to day, the pain of losing her has never faded.
I think its harder with young bunnys, because you have the shock along with the grief :(

Back