• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

any ideas of what to make socks out of for Buzz's heels?

Candiflare

Mama Doe
Vet has advised making little socks while his callouses heel. Anyone any idea what I could make them out of? Ideally I need baby booties, do you think?

Oh - someone on FB was talking about this a while back - i think they said scholl corn pads can be made into bootie type things :? I know they found it hard to get the pads though but i saw some other brands in a local pharmacy. - they were in sheets and i suppose there's a way of microporing them together? :?

I bought baby socks from Boots, they are ribbed and stretchy ones, so stay up well on Inca's foot.
She has one on just now as she has cut her foot, i put honey on her foot to heal so i put a sock on so that she doesn't lick off the honey.

I'm sure Jane has done something like this - maybe ask her - I think there was also an article in a back issue of rabbiting on, I'll see if I can find it, might take a while though

I found it, apparently she used a sanitary towel held in place with micropore tape :lol: Jane you are too ingenious.

You might want to ask her for more details thoguh obviously. Oh, and typically it was in the last magazine I checked :roll::lol:

thank you thank you guys! I will use one of the towels for urinary incontinence, as they are thinner and then cover it with a ribbed baby bootie!

ETA I will BUY some of the pads for urinary incontinence :oops::oops::oops: I don't already have them

Back