• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Some questions about how you looked after your bun after spaying?

zayna1

Warren Scout
So bailey is booked in to be spayed next Tuesday. I'm really scared. With Monty, he came home and was fine after a couple of hours. But I know spaying is a bigger operation. So, she will be coming inside to recover like monty did, but should I leave Monty outside, and bring her in? Or should I bring him inside too (they are bonded and love each other), but in a separate cage? How much space should I restrict her to? I mean, she's so little, I don't want her to get hurt :( I won't be using any hay as bedding...it'll be towels. And, when I mean how much space, I mean, I have playpen panels, and I was wondering how big I should set up the pen :S Thanks :)

I have an article on my website about before, during and after a spay/neuter so it might be worth reading.

I would suggest keeping him with her if they are bonded normally because it will stress her out and slow down her recovery if they are separated. When it comes to monitoring her output, you can separate them for a small while on and of to see if she is or isn't, but if they are in the same room where you are then you can watch them at a distance and should be able to tell that way (especially with intake).

Back