• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stray rabbit

BB Mommy

Warren Veteran
I have another rabbit, albeit hopefully only temporary:roll:

Someone bought him to work today and said they'd found him on the Lickey Hills, being chased by someones dog.

They got the dog away, but then the rabbit went and sat in the road, so they decided to try and catch him.

I was a bit sceptical at first (we her so many excuses), but he is amazingly tame and friendly, and would be easy to catch. He lies down for me to stroke him:love:
I tried ringing around rescues that take in rabbits, but there was either no response, or they were full, and I had a queue of people waiting to be dealt with at my desk, so no time to faff about:cry:
I knew that they would have just returned him to the Lickey Hills, and I just couldn't chance that happening, so I rang o/h to come and fetch him home.

Glad they bought bun to you at least bun is safe.

That's what I think too, at least he's safe.

I've just been to stuff more hay in the hutch for him, and he tries to run out every time you open the door, although he seems as though he only wants some fuss.
He's also running around with pieces of hay in his mouth and some newspaper - think he may have an identity crisis going on:lol:

I do wonder whether he's got out of someones house or garden, although there aren't many houses close to where he was found. He's so friendly and handelable, so someone must have loved him.

050824.jpg

Awww what a cute boy!! He is so lucky!!! :love:

Well I don't know about lucky - he'll need his plums off for starters:lol:

I will need to find a home for him though - I can only keep him here at the moment as he's pinched Oscar and Sea's set up, but they're due to move back outside soon as the conservatory will be getting too hot for them soon.

I'm also going away next week, so I have to break the news to the house sitter that there will be an extra bum to be looked after:roll:.

Well I don't know about lucky - he'll need his plums off for starters:lol:

I will need to find a home for him though - I can only keep him here at the moment as he's pinched Oscar and Sea's set up, but they're due to move back outside soon as the conservatory will be getting too hot for them soon.

I'm also going away next week, so I have to break the news to the house sitter that there will be an extra bum to be looked after:roll:.

:lol::lol::lol:

Good luck finding a new home for him. He is very cute, so I hope it won't take too long. :love:

You didn't find anywhere else to take him then:(

It is so hard when you have looked them in the eye. Well, it is hard just when you hear about them, but nearly impossible once you have seen them, to turn them away.

But we really don't have a place here for him:( We are 5 groups over the max of 40, or 8 rabbits over 100, which ever way we count it more than full. And Violet's litter isn't in that number:( I only took her as if I hadn't that man would have ended up with dozens of rabbits in a few months.

But if you will rehome him in the end I'll have him here to neuter while you are away if you want me to, or Jacinta and Borage can come back as well as Oscar and Sea to make less work for the sitter.

You didn't find anywhere else to take him then:(

It is so hard when you have looked them in the eye. Well, it is hard just when you hear about them, but nearly impossible once you have seen them, to turn them away.

But we really don't have a place here for him:( We are 5 groups over the max of 40, or 8 rabbits over 100, which ever way we count it more than full. And Violet's litter isn't in that number:( I only took her as if I hadn't that man would have ended up with dozens of rabbits in a few months.

But if you will rehome him in the end I'll have him here to neuter while you are away if you want me to, or Jacinta and Borage can come back as well as Oscar and Sea to make less work for the sitter.

Yep its impossible to say no when you can guess their fate if you turn them away.
I haven't spoke to Kel yet as she's on a course, but I'm sure 1 more won't bother her:D
I'm going to get him neutered and vacc'd, and then I'll see if one of the rescues are able to either take him, or let him be rehomed from here if that's possible.
Unfortunately I don't think he'll bond into any of my pairs, but he is seriously sweet and friendly - just hope I can part with him after he's been here:shock:

What a sweet little fellow. :love: Hopefully he will have a good chance of being rehomes when he is so handlable.

Back