• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What rabbit myths have you heard?

The cancer risks for females is just made up so vets make more money :roll:. You have to keep males separate as they will fight with other males and make females pregnant. Both gems were from the same person by the way :roll:

Mine love carrots, in fact banging a carrot on the grater is my foolproof way of getting them back into the hutch :lol:

So do mine. In fact I used to give my bunnies a whole pack of carrots at a time with the long green stalks. Thankfully I gave them hay and other veg too. Luckily they never got fat either.

"rabbits lick your skin for the salt"

No, Buckley licks mine for the camomile :lol:

"Rabbits don't sleep"

Pfft, Buckley tricks me by keeping his eyes open (it freaks me out, I get really worried!)

The cancer risks for females is just made up so vets make more money :roll:.

Same with the myxi/VHD jabs. Just don't give them hay and they won't get myxi, apparently...

Also letting them have a litter makes them better pets and stops them from getting cancer.

And of course rabbits will fight if you put them together so they must live alone.

They have long ears so you can lift them easily :shock:
They only live for about 2 years.:shock:
They are cheap to keep.:shock:
They are great pets for young children :shock:
If you release a pet rabbit into the wild it will cope fine.:shock:

All of these stupid lies came from the same pet shop owner...:roll:

oooh thought of another two I was mislead about:

giant house rabbits are like dogs.

you can take rabbits on walks like dogs.

Back