• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Evie says 'I've been a big brave girl & been enjoying the sunshine!'

Bunnyaddict

Wise Old Thumper
Hello RU

I have been a big brave girl over the last few days & have been outside with my mummy & daddy :) As you know I have no eyes, so for me it is a big thing to do but I loved it :love:

I was a bit tentative at first but so long as my mummy & daddy kept talking to me I soon became ok :)

Here's a few piccies from today :)

Lots of wuv
Evie
xxx

Aren't I beautiful?
:love:

DSCF6008.jpg

What's up here?

DSCF6023.jpg

And here?

DSCF6028.jpg

Give us a kiss!!!

DSCF6025.jpg

Hello mummy

DSCF6013.jpg

Time to wash my pawzies!!

DSCF6036.jpg

Saying hello to Winston & Arthur :)

DSCF6024.jpg

Can't get this bun to talk to me for love nor money!! :lol:

DSCF6022.jpg

Then it was time for a snooze :love:

DSCF6034.jpg

I didn't know. Can I ask what happened ?

Evie is one very beautiful girl. Bet everyone loves the pic with her and the bunny statue. :love::love::love:

Awww thanks guys :)

I didn't know. Can I ask what happened ?

Evie is one very beautiful girl. Bet everyone loves the pic with her and the bunny statue. :love::love::love:

Bluebunny on here posted last September that a blind conti was on preloved in Sheffield - she was due to be pts if a home wasn't found for her :cry: Her owners decided to breed conti's & sadly from their first litter they had one born blind in one eye & Evie was born with no eyes at all :cry: Thankfully they decided to give up breeding after their first litter because of what happened - they rehomed all the others but they didn't want to keep Evie :cry:

I collected her with the intentions of her going over to Kay's at Bunny hops in Bolton - but she didn't make it :oops: Me & my hubby fell hook, line & sinker for her in one night :oops: So with us she stayed :love:

She is totally fearless & so confident - our vet is amazed at how she copes!! She thinks nothing of jumping up on the sette with one of us at night for a snuggle :love: I think her other senses are greatly heightened & she seems to feel her way round with her huge ears :)

She's a very special lady & loves to lay on with us on the rug at night having her face kissed :love:

Evie you have grown so much :shock:

I'm so glad you were brave and went outdoors to explore ,sounds like you had the best time:love:

Sad what breeding does. At least she didn't suffer with an operation. Can't understand why someone would want to have her pts.

I know Lily's Louie is blind and that he copes well. Saw on a thread today he even chases cats away.

Amazing how well they adjust.

Evie is beautiful I understand why you both fell in love with her.

:love::love::love: I love Evie; she looks so content. :love:

How very rude of the bunny statue not to reply when she was spoken to though! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Thanks everyone :)

Sad what breeding does. At least she didn't suffer with an operation. Can't understand why someone would want to have her pts.

I know Lily's Louie is blind and that he copes well. Saw on a thread today he even chases cats away.

Amazing how well they adjust.

Evie is beautiful I understand why you both fell in love with her.

I know Louie is an amazing little man :love: Honestly I think it probably bothers us more than it bothers them - if they've never know anything different, to them it's normal :)

Evie had to have an op on her left eye last year as it abscessed :cry: And it's likely she'll have to have the same op at some point on her right eye, as she gets repeated infections in it - but she bounced back like she'd had nothing done! :shock: :)

I can't understand why someone would put a blind animal to sleep either :cry: Evie's previous owners have definitely missed out, because if they'd have given her the chance, she would have been the same with them as she is with us I'm sure :love:

:love: she is one inspirational bunny, i cant believe anyone would ever contemplate putting a blind animal down. we had a border collie that was blind but i can tell you now she was the fastest dog i have ever seen. as long as the ball you were throwing had a bell in it she would hurtle after it at top speed. completely fearless :)

Awwww lovely pictures!!! :love::love::love::love: She looked like she loved it as well. I love the pic with the statue and with Winston and Arthur - its lovely seeing your set ups in the background too :) :love:

(On an unrelated note, where did you get those lovely big planters from? I'm looking for some like that? Or did you make them yourselves using decking wood? :oops:)

Back