• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Happy Hutch Instructions

Amy104

Warren Veteran
Are not great. Its took us almost all day and its still not finished. If anyone know how to fit the ramp please do tell re I think I'm gonna :cry:

It says to screw it from underneath so you can still close the ramp off with the cover without removing the ramp but its on an angle, not flush, so there is nothing the screw together if you see what I mean?

Hey,
I have never bought a hutch from the same company as you, but on the ramp are there hooks on it ?
If yes then underneath the hutch there must be little circle screws where you fit the hooks through.

Qoute:
It says to screw it from underneathare there any hooks or hinges that you have to screw to your ramp and then the other side of the hinge you screw that under the hole in the hutch[where the ramp's going to be placed] so you can still close the ramp off with the cover without removing the ramp but its on an angleI think this means when you have fitted the run you can close the hole in the hutch by lifting up the ramp so it folds up and touches bottom of the hutch I have no idea how its going to hold it self up though, not flush, so there is nothing the screw together if you see what I mean?
:wave:

I wouldn't bother trying to fit it so that it closes..just angle the ramp in so that the buns can have free access to the downstairs area. Or you could do away with the ramp altogether and put a substantial box under the opening so that they can jump up and down between levels

I wouldn't bother trying to fit it so that it closes..just angle the ramp in so that the buns can have free access to the downstairs area.

Thats what we though aswell but nothing we tried seemed very secure. I am going to ring them later but if I get no luck I think I'll just buy a hinge and fix it that way.

Happy hutch Company?

Hiya, i am new here and have been thinking of getting a hutch and run combo from the happy hutch company, but considering you seem to be having trouble would you suggest otherwise? the one im thinking of comes flatpacked too :shock:
hope you can sort it soon without stress!

xx

Despite the nightmare of putting it together I'm actually very pleased with it. The actual hutch part is much more solid than my other hutches I've got. We had to screw one of the doors on the extension to make it a bit more stable as with all the run lid being doors there didn't seem to be much holding it inlign, but that might be because our patio is not 100% flat. The bunnies are going to love it though.

It was delivered on the wrong day but that was TNT's fault not Happy Hutch and they were super quick to refund me the extra carriage I'd paid for the specified delivery day.

Back