• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pics from this weekend (contains pictures of dolls - don't look if dolls freak you!)

Blackberry & Co

Wise Old Thumper
Met a whole pile of dolls this weekend!

April2011BunniesEastLeakeetc205.jpg

April2011BunniesEastLeakeetc207.jpg

April2011BunniesEastLeakeetc208.jpg

April2011BunniesEastLeakeetc210.jpg

April2011BunniesEastLeakeetc212.jpg

April2011BunniesEastLeakeetc223.jpg

April2011BunniesEastLeakeetc271.jpg

April2011BunniesEastLeakeetc273.jpg

April2011BunniesEastLeakeetc280.jpg

April2011BunniesEastLeakeetc282.jpg

April2011BunniesEastLeakeetc283.jpg

April2011BunniesEastLeakeetc299.jpg

April2011BunniesEastLeakeetc195.jpg

April2011BunniesEastLeakeetc190.jpg

April2011BunniesEastLeakeetc182.jpg

April2011BunniesEastLeakeetc167.jpg

April2011BunniesEastLeakeetc164.jpg

Is that you at the end with Polly and a red head? I like the little red haired one in the bunny hat with the freckles!

Oh a bunny's just came in! Why hello Lolagirl! :D

Where did you go?? who with?? Some of those arereally pretty.was it your night away??when are you coming to Dartmouth??
Questions,questions......:lol::lol:

Blackberry she mightve not found dolls creepy that's probably why she clicked on your thread, but mightve found 'those' dolls creepy..

Looks like you had a fab time! I've never 'met' any dolls like that in real life - didn't realise some of them were so big. I can certainly see the attraction, some of them are beautiful.

Ok, those are fabu! I love the tea house scene and the little girl sitting on her mum. Where do all those dolls live?

My friend in the states has like 6 of those dolls, and I was amazed at how versatile they were with how you could style them. I was a bit :shock: when she pulled out the bag of spare eyeballs so she could change the colour of the eyes tho. :lol:

Fascinating, what size are the dolls in the tearoom scene? I love the boots on one of the dolls! :lol:

Ok, those are fabu! I love the tea house scene and the little girl sitting on her mum. Where do all those dolls live?

My friend in the states has like 6 of those dolls, and I was amazed at how versatile they were with how you could style them. I was a bit :shock: when she pulled out the bag of spare eyeballs so she could change the colour of the eyes tho. :lol:

Yeah, the eye changing is a bit freaky when you first see it :lol:

The little girl and her mum, and the hippy, her dad, are my sister's. The lady who runs this meet sets up a cafe scene and the dolls all visit :lol: Then she has little chairs and sofas all around the room for others to sit on.

What a real shame I had not joined RU last year. At my last proper job working with the elderly we had 2 huge boxes donated full of the most amazing pieces of dolls. Different head sizes and hair. They were all porcelain.

It belonged to a woman who went into a nursing home. It had patterns, and materials, all sorts of things. Unfortunately none of us knew what to do with them, as we had no skills to put them together.

A real labour of love. Some of the items were over 50 years old plus and in mint condition. There are still in some storage cupboard there.

Back