• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Whats this?

Any Idea's?:wave:

SAM_1085.jpg

SAM_1087.jpg

SAM_1084.jpg

SAM_1086.jpg

Its actually taken over my garden :(

Its actually taken over my garden :(

If it's got that far, the only real option is to get a 'feed and weed' type lawn weedkiller and to blast it across the entire lawn. That does mean that the buns won't be able to graze on it for the period of time stated on the packet, but then they can't graze on it anyway if it's got that much buttercup on it. It's a good time of year to do it, so I'd suggest going and buying something and get on with it ASAP. It's really hardy and an aggressive grower though so it could take a few treatments before you get success. Good luck!

Creeping buttercup is a pain to get rid of, our garden is full of it, too. My bunnies don't eat it, as it is bitter. They don't even eat the daisies, and I thought they would be quite tasty.

It's slowly (quickly?) growing across our garden, it's about half way now. So I have this week given it a good old blast with the weedkiller before it gets any further, and it is starting to wilt already. Fortunately the other half of the lawn is buttercup free, so it does still give me somewhere to let the buns safely graze away from the chemicals and buttercups themselves :)

Back