• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Plant ID please

helgalush

Wise Old Thumper
Anyone know what this is? (Apart from a right ruddy mess! :D)

2011-04-06161111.jpg

We're going to be digging this over soon to de-weed and plant bunny safe stuff, but in the meantime, does anyone know what this one with the white flowers is?

I read somewhere that it is safe for bunnies but another site said it was only safe BEFORE flowering.

BTW - you need to dig every last bit of root out otherwise you will find that it keeps coming back :)

Thank you for the help. I think the easiest and safest thing is to dig it all up and start again!! :lol:

It doesn't look like ground elder to me.

http://sos-gardening.com/images/ground_elder.jpg

More like a relative of shepherd's purse (but not that, as the see dpods are different)

In addition ground elder (Agopodium podograria) is not the same as the elder tree (Sambucus) - they're not even in the same family (unless they've been reclassified since the publication of the reference book I use) ;)

Last edited:
It doesn't look like ground elder to me.

http://sos-gardening.com/images/ground_elder.jpg

More like a relative of shepherd's purse (but not that, as the see dpods are different)

In addition ground elder (Agopodium podograria) is not the same as the elder tree (Sambucus) - they're not even in the same family (unless they've been reclassified since the publication of the reference book I use) ;)

Thats true, the leaves look different - they are more dense on that pic whereas on mine the plant is more stalk with low down little leaves.

I was just asking really if it was a weed that was in any way tasty or useful for the buns, but as its obviously not one of the common ones and we cant safely identify it I think its safest to say not.

The whole lot needs digging up and sieving (oh joy!) as its full of stones and rubbish from before we lived here. That side is all in shade anyway so I'm not even sure yet what I am going to put there.

Back