• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny pairs

shelley

Mama Doe
Why do people have more male & female pairs rather than 2 females or 2 males? Is it easier to bond a male and female or something?

Neutered male + neutered female is the easiest bond yes :)

I have a male + female pair, and they were snuggling and grooming within 10 minutes of me starting to bond

Two male rabbits in the wild would always be really agressive as they can't be beutered. But domestic neutered males can be bonded like mines were.
Females are even terrirorial and agressive in the wild this would also cause a problem.
But males and female pairs are like husband nd wife so its easier.
Why do I feel after writing all that I still haven't asnswered ur questuion lol

Yes it is easier to bond male and female pair. I do have a male male pair but they are an exception and seem to like male company better.

ah ok thanks for the info, i was just wondering as im still looking for another bun to bond with Buster

ah ok thanks for the info, i was just wondering as im still looking for another bun to bond with Buster

You could do what I'm doing soon, ask a rescue if you can take him along and have him 'meet' buns they think are appropriate, and then take home the one he likes best :) Apparently it makes for a much easier bonding as your bun will have 'chosen' its own partner and therefore you know they wont hate each other on sight.

Another option you might want to consider might be a trio, and to bond him into an existing pair and have him live as a trio.

Back