• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is anybun actually miserable outdoors?

Hoppit!

Wise Old Thumper
Even for only half an hour on a lovely sunny day? Pickles is. He really, really doesn't like it. He's never been a great fan but he'd go out when Ginger did. Now Ginger's gone he won't go out at all. He even hates the shed! :(

Lola's the opposite - her song is "Don't fence me in!" She loves in as long as the door is kept open!!:roll: A great shame as I had high hopes for one day having house bunnies. Benson Yes! Lola a very definate NO! NOOOOOOO!!!!:(

Sunny hates it( he can't eat grass either- no incisors)- but that's because he doesn't like open spaces- odd as that sounds- he likes lots of hiding places. Blaze and patch don't like it as much as other buns, and i think that is it. All the other buns i have here enjoy the sunshine :) x

Mine hate it, they look so miserable and just lie hunched in a corner of the run!! I haven't even bothered putting them out today even though I contemplated it!! Such a shame but they are clearly much happier indoors!! Luckily their room has a skylight at one end and windows at the other so at least I can get a lot if fresh air through for them, Poppy has been sunbathing indoors today!!

Truffle is fine, but I can't work out if Fudge likes it or not - today she spend the whole time sat in her carrier looking grumpy, but some days she runs around and binkies everywhere. She's a grumpy rabbit generally though!

Alvin is a hater :lol:

when i had a run he just sat in the corner and refused to move, when he was given the option to go out or be in he would go out for about 10mins and seem to enjoy himself but would be back in his fave spot under the sofa refusing to go out again

Mine all love being in the garden, although they all have the freedom of choice to go back in should they feel like it. :)

Penelope HATES outside. She won't come out of her carrier, just hides right at the back and grunts. She is an indoor girl all the way, she likes playing behind the sofas or tables. Sometimes she'll sit and look out the window at the garden, but the minute I go to open the door, she runs!
She hates grass/flowers too...so she is very happy being a bun of luxury inside :lol:

Charlie doesn't really like it. Milly does though, so he goes out with her.
He used to HATE it. He just wouldn't move. I think he only tolerates it because he wants to be with her, he does not binky outside or relax at all

I think when buns are kept indoors it spoils them abit sometimes- i've just put a couple of my indoor buns back outside for the summer- they are coping well due to this lovely weather. Still give them lots of hay to nestle down in for the nighttimes too.

Last year Ozzie hated it,big time!!! He would spend his time looking in the conservatory door to be let in again,just waiting for someone to open the door and he'd sprint back in.This year its the opposite,he cant wait for his turn in the garden :roll:

Nutmeg dislikes it. She finds it really hard to settle outside with all the noises. The only reason I put her out is cos Smudge loves it so I try to put things in that help her settle. Yesterday I put a litter tray out there and she seemed a bit better.

Norris will go outside but Narla hates it. She tries to come back in at the earliest opportunity. I think it is because I have a yard for them to free range in. When I am at my parents I have a run and she is happy and relaxed in that.

biggles hates the outdoors just cowers in the corner, if a bird flies over he panics,

doesnt mind you bringing grass and weeds etc for him to eat in though :roll::lol:

I'm feeling like such a horrible person now, because I'm booting my bun outside. Pickles has decided that 5am is the new getting up time. :roll: He gets to free range in my bedroom all night, but come 5am and he's attacking the carpet at my bedroom door, wanting to go out for a run around the house. I can't let him out unsupervised because he eats the house plants, chews wires, rips up books and is generally a little destructabun. I'm also afraid of someone tripping over him in the dark. But I just can't get up at that time. I have ME and struggle to get up at 10am, let alone 5! I've decided I'm going to have to put him out in the shed. It's got a heater and there are loads of toys and things out there, but I'm feeling so bad about it. :(

Back