• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bees keep going in my hutch.....

Jemma&Theo

Mama Doe
or the same bee.......

There are Queen bee(s) flying around and have been for about two weeks... they keep going in the hutch and one just landed on twigs nose until i ran out and scared it off.......

How can I stop them ? a net is not practical...... would citronella work?

If they sting the buns will it hurt them? Do they have allergic shocks like people?

Jemma

Now a wasp just landed on her and she jumped... not sure if she was stung....

She is white I think it attracts them

why isn't a net practical? I have a mozzy net over my cage- they are indoor but i have it to keep flies out as poppy had fly strike last year so i'm paranoid!!!!!

Citronella is really good to keep them away.

If she was stung, you will be able to feel a little lump. Hope she's ok.

A net wouldnt be practical with our set up either. :(

Yes, a sting would hurt a rabbit in the same way it would hurt us. Are they going into the run as well, or just making for the hutch. If I were you I'd check to make sure there isn't a nest as it seems strange that they are hanging around.

I would also make sure there isnt a nest..
Stings can be nasty to any animal as they can us..
Last year my poor dog was stung on the nose..:shock: it swelled so much I had to go to the vets for antihistimines!! Wouldnt want a bunny being stung and having the reaction he had!!!
Hope you manage to get rid

Back