• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pets at home rabbits now £35!!!!

In a way it's a good thing. The more they cost the less (hopefully) people will buy. It's still disgusting though.

I paid £25 for a neutered,vacced RESCUE bunny called Roland.
Just not good enough,is it?? But hopefully,only the serious buyers will buy......:(:(:(

I might be going down there today. I should stand by the rabbit enclosure and talk to my friend about how getting rescue rabbits is so much better and cheaper. Loudly of course so everyone can hear me. :lol:

their prices are always going up and down in the one near me :?

i get more annoyed and upset about their cage 'deals' :(

all this for £60 (that is one very small indoor cage, pets at homehay, and pets at home pellets and of course some woodshavings too!!)

I might be going down there today. I should stand by the rabbit enclosure and talk to my friend about how getting rescue rabbits is so much better and cheaper. Loudly of course so everyone can hear me. :lol:

and how theyre vacced and neutered to prevent other bunnies from going into pet shops like these to be sold for £35!!!
That should do it...and if youve not been shoved out the door by that time, say the Easter Bunny wont visit kids who buy from Pet shops.....:lol::shock:

hopefully it will discourage people from buying them. but i dought it! they only had 2 rabbits in though when they ususally have about 6. they were also stocked full of hamsters!

and how theyre vacced and neutered to prevent other bunnies from going into pet shops like these to be sold for £35!!!
That should do it...and if youve not been shoved out the door by that time, say the Easter Bunny wont visit kids who buy from Pet shops.....:lol::shock:

That's given me an idea for a poster.

A picture of the Easter bunny all sad and cold in a tiny hutch with no bedding. A slogan that reads "Would you do this to the Easter Bunny? Then don't do it to your bunny." And a little message underneath that says rabbits need a six foot hutch and lots of hay and friends etc etc.

That's given me an idea for a poster.

A picture of the Easter bunny all sad and cold in a tiny hutch with no bedding. A slogan that reads "Would you do this to the Easter Bunny? Then don't do it to your bunny." And a little message underneath that says rabbits need a six foot hutch and lots of hay and friends etc etc.

Good idea....maybe involve MMC with it too......or put a chocolate bunny in a hutch with nothing in it,no hay etc etc and say its ok for a chocolate bunny but not for a real one......

It really annoys me that they use the rescue section in my local p@h for rabbits they havnt sold in a certain time so they can get more ones in. and when it says 'must be live on her own'.

I wish i had of rescued now.

It really annoys me that they use the rescue section in my local p@h for rabbits they havnt sold in a certain time so they can get more ones in. and when it says 'must be live on her own'.

I wish i had of rescued now.

I know how you feel but it is better than what they used to do with rabbits they hadn't sold. :(

And you can always rescue in the future. Just because your rabbits weren't rescues doesn't mean they don't deserve the wonderful home you give them!

I think it's a good thing - £35 is a LOT of money, so it's more likely that people will be put off. I hope...

The last time I was in there, it was £28 for one rabbit and £35 for two - are you sure that wasn't for a pair?

They've put the prices up in mine too. £35 for one or 2 for £50 with a big sign saying rabbits should live in pairs! Way to try and cash in eh??
I was in there the other day and they had 6 girls in one space, 4 boys in the other and 4 other girls in the next. They're clearly playing up on the Easter thing. Feel so sorry for them though, they look so cramped in there, wanted to bring them all home!!! :cry:

That's good that they are putting their prices up :) I think they are too cheap anyway. I bought my last rabbit in 2002 from a breeder and she cost me £35, but then that was with lifetime advice and support.

In my local pets at home it was 3 for £49, but I haven't been in since before Christmas so that might have changed.

Sounds good to me prices are going up and they are promoting paired rabbits-atleast that is good for the bun- if it's not two opposite sex ones they end up with.

On the other hand- if they don't sell- they go back to the breeder- then what?

I do this and discuss loudly how theyre not to be kept on sawdust and that many buns should have so much more room than they have, let alone that many buns be put together without bonding and then breaking anybonds made to sell the bun on.........
P@H hate me:lol:

I do this and discuss loudly how theyre not to be kept on sawdust and that many buns should have so much more room than they have, let alone that many buns be put together without bonding and then breaking anybonds made to sell the bun on.........
P@H hate me:lol:

the one by me,trentvale,they follow me around the store when i go in now :lol:
when i last went in there was a bun sneezing its head off so i asked them have a look at it.their response "its got a sawdust allergy" well durh what are they sitting on?:roll:

Back