• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

could anyone help with bonding in surrey?? UPDATED

shell1805

Mama Doe
hey guys could really use your help and suggestions :wave:

bella and jasper have never really been bonded. i tried a few times, using the neutral ground, confined space and even took them for a drive in a carry case together and bella went nuts :?

i can have them out together, they dont exactly like it and spend most of the time avoiding each other or bella stomping her foot but they will tolerate it.

bella's main problem is if jasper goes near her cage, she runs at him and grunts (such a lady she is :lol: )

do i try to bond, or just accept this is how they are??

update: could anyone help with the bonding?? i would be happy to donate to a charity for their time in helping my guys get along :wave:

x

Last edited:
Yup, some rescues will. You could change the title asking if there is anyone who would be willing to bond for you for a donation and see if anyone replies.

Hey I cannot help, I'm working on my two boys bond atm, but even if I wasn't bonding mine, I still couldn't help you I'm definetly not as gifted as some other people here.
Bumping this up for you :)

I'd edit the title to something like 'can anyone bond for me? I'm in Surrey' or something, so you have the location and people can see you're asking for true help, as opposed to advice via the forum. :) A new thread will work just as well. :)

ETA- :lol: :thumb: That works.

I'd edit the title to something like 'can anyone bond for me? I'm in Surrey' or something, so you have the location and people can see you're asking for true help, as opposed to advice via the forum. :) A new thread will work just as well. :)

ive changed the title and added an update asking for help :)

What about The Duchess?? Isnt she in Surrey?? Doesnt she run a rescue too???
I hoppe she wont mind me suggesting her.....:oops:

Whilst I am not in Surrey, I am not a million miles away from me, I would be happy to assist you bonding.

Can you give me more details about sexes, how long they have been neutered, have they got any health issues, are they indoors or outdoors bunnies and when are you thinking of getting assistance.

You will need to have a few days off with them after they have returned home to observe them to check that they are ok.

Whilst I am not in Surrey, I am not a million miles away from me, I would be happy to assist you bonding.

Can you give me more details about sexes, how long they have been neutered, have they got any health issues, are they indoors or outdoors bunnies and when are you thinking of getting assistance.

You will need to have a few days off with them after they have returned home to observe them to check that they are ok.

:wave: ok firstly thank you :wave:

secondly here's the info you asked for:

bella is a girl, jasper a boy. bella has an eye ulcer at the moment, going back to the vets on monday for re check but she is doing well. i have 2 weeks off in may :) but to be honest they are both 2 this year so have been seperate for a while now so i am happy to bond them anytime anyone can help me so im in no rush. they both got neutered at i think was roughly 6 months so about 1.5years ago :)

anything else you want to know just ask. i got them both when they were 10 weeks old and i got them 3 months apart they are not brother and sister :)

Your information sounds fine, are they indoors or outdoor buns?

My first advise would be to get the eye ulcer sorted and check with your vet when they feel that she is ready to be bonded as it is best to avoid bonding until there are no health issues present which could increase the risk of any stress related problems.

As you have 2 bunnies I could do most weekends starting on a Friday evening with them going home on the Sunday evening, you would then need to be about to keep an eye on them. I would advise to keep them in a smallish space which would be a maximum of 6 x 2 or slightly smaller for at least 72 hours and then only to increase their space if they are 100% settled by about 1 - 2 square feet every few days. All spaces that they are then allowed to venture into need to be neutral or neutralised. Do not swap them from one place to another.

Whilst they would be away to be bonded you would need to ensure that you clean where ever they are being moved to, to ensure that there are no smells of any of your rabbits present.

If I do the bonding for you I would suggest ensuring that you have the first part of the week off to supervise them. If the earliest you can do this is May I can fit around you. If you want to choose someone else who may be able to fit around you that is fine with me.

Do let me know if you want me to help you and dates if you do and I will let you know if that works with me.

Your information sounds fine, are they indoors or outdoor buns?

My first advise would be to get the eye ulcer sorted and check with your vet when they feel that she is ready to be bonded as it is best to avoid bonding until there are no health issues present which could increase the risk of any stress related problems.

As you have 2 bunnies I could do most weekends starting on a Friday evening with them going home on the Sunday evening, you would then need to be about to keep an eye on them. I would advise to keep them in a smallish space which would be a maximum of 6 x 2 or slightly smaller for at least 72 hours and then only to increase their space if they are 100% settled by about 1 - 2 square feet every few days. All spaces that they are then allowed to venture into need to be neutral or neutralised. Do not swap them from one place to another.

Whilst they would be away to be bonded you would need to ensure that you clean where ever they are being moved to, to ensure that there are no smells of any of your rabbits present.

If I do the bonding for you I would suggest ensuring that you have the first part of the week off to supervise them. If the earliest you can do this is May I can fit around you. If you want to choose someone else who may be able to fit around you that is fine with me.

Do let me know if you want me to help you and dates if you do and I will let you know if that works with me.

all of this sounds great, they are indoor buns :)

i will go into work tomorrow and check the rota and get back to you with dates. would that be ok?? also i will then know how bella's eye is going as she has a re check at the vets tomorrow night :)

all of this sounds great, they are indoor buns :)

i will go into work tomorrow and check the rota and get back to you with dates. would that be ok?? also i will then know how bella's eye is going as she has a re check at the vets tomorrow night :)

Sounds good to me.

With indoor buns you will need to try and clean with a strong smelling substance everything that possibly can be wiped down in the areas that either has been in. With carpets it is best if you can get them cleaned to remove any bunny traces and then thoroughly air these rooms.

When they first come home they need to be kept confined in a totally neutral area as previously been explained.

Back