• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Grim has me wrapped around his little toe...

Jenova

Wise Old Thumper
He keeps on giving me his big, brown bunny eyes for treats. I put his food down and he doesn't really seem interested, but follows me around the kitchen looking at me, periscoping up at me. Treats please mummy. So I give in and get him treats. He eats the ravenously. He leaves most of his food.

So today I have left him in the kitchen alone, with his food. No treats to day. It's so hard! Why is he too cute?

Awww, love him!! Ive been at work this morning, had a shower and gonna puttheem out in a few minutes.Their ickle faces at the cage door.....just too much!!!!!

He did his flicky feet at me. :lol:

I've just been worried he's not eating as much as usual, but giving him treats is not going to help and I need to resist. Vets on Wednesday anyway so I'll get them to check his teeth. Hopefully it's just the warm weather and he's having a quiet couple of days. In any other rabbit I would be worried the moment they weren't obsessed with pellets but over the years I've come to know Grim's eating habits very well. He'll often go two days eating a little less and then on the third day eat as if he's half starved. It's worrying all the same though! Today is day two. And he doesn't tend to eat too much until the evening anyway, so I just have to avoid giving him treats all day and I'll be able to tell if he's any better...

Do I recall him having teefs out?????????

Yeah. He's had his front teeth removed and his molars grow all wonky. One is growing sideways. :shock: Some of them have fallen out and my vet tries to remove any loose ones when he has a dental. He also has elongated tooth roots and blocked tear ducts. He can't eat hay any more and refuses most veg. So all he eats are pellets and they have to be soaked in water first. Bless him, he's my little zombie bunny with the worst diet ever.

Yeah. He's had his front teeth removed and his molars grow all wonky. One is growing sideways. :shock: Some of them have fallen out and my vet tries to remove any loose ones when he has a dental. He also has elongated tooth roots and blocked tear ducts. He can't eat hay any more and refuses most veg. So all he eats are pellets and they have to be soaked in water first. Bless him, he's my little zombie bunny with the worst diet ever.

awww.The less teefs he has,wont it be better???
Not fair,is it??

awww.The less teefs he has,wont it be better???
Not fair,is it??

That's the idea. If they can get the molars that are blocking his tear ducts it might help. I can't remember if the actual skull is warped or not... the x rays were a while ago. He is one of the friendliest, most loving and happiest rabbits I have ever had the honour of knowing. Nothing bothers him, he just gets on with life. He fights the pain and the illnesses. He's had infections and abscesses in the tear ducts. He's had abscesses in his jaws. He gets a bad tummy every now and then from his diet. He's had everything, but he just carries on with his life. He's just so amazing. :love:

And Samus looks after him so well and cleans his eyes for him and they snuggle up and it's all worth it.

:love::love::love:

Back