• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Found a rabbit wandering around my street.

xxTaniaxx

Warren Scout
So on friday my neighbour knocked my door in a panic thinking she had almost run my Bunn over , how the hell did he get out i thought when she said a little brown thing , i have a very big REW so panic over . New panic starts poor little lost bunn so tried to catch him but he ran . Later that day neighbour knocks door again "do u want a rabbit ? " . They managed to catch him and put him in their very large dog kennel, they even went out and got a water bottle and food for him asked at local vets and local shops to see if anyone was looking for him. So i now have a another bunn no luck in tracing owner yet and it seems he has been on the run for over a week now. And no -one seems to be looking for him :cry:

He is staying inside overnight and is very clean and very friendly and cheeky but is in the garden in guinea pig run during the day which is way to small but i have nothing spare as Frodo wont be impressed if i borrow his run .

So reason for post what do i do how long do i look for owners for and then what if i dont find them ? legally how long can i wait until trying to find somewhere for him? if bunn was a girl i would try to bond eventually after op and vacs .Have kept him away from Frodo as no idea if vaccianted etc and if i took him to vets would i get into trouble if not mine ?

Sorry if long post and makes no sense but any help appreciated , will post pics when daughter gets out of bed and takes them :D

I think it's 7 days you have to wait. They've asked everywhere I would have, although you might want to ask the RSPCA in case someone has contacted them.

Just to let you know, neutered boys bond fine too. ;)

I think it's 7 days you have to wait. They've asked everywhere I would have, although you might want to ask the RSPCA in case someone has contacted them.

Just to let you know, neutered boys bond fine too. ;)

Do they ? i always thought there could still be some aggression , what about size my REW is big and well i think this one is a baby still so no idea of how big he will be .

Do they ? i always thought there could still be some aggression , what about size my REW is big and well i think this one is a baby still so no idea of how big he will be .

Lots of people have male, male pairs on this forum. Females are stereotypically more territorial. Just planting the seed of thought... :angel:

The same thing happened to me! It is seven days you have to wait before you can rehome them or call them your own, as long as every effort has been taken to find their original owner.

Good luck!

So on friday my neighbour knocked my door in a panic thinking she had almost run my Bunn over , how the hell did he get out i thought when she said a little brown thing , i have a very big REW so panic over . New panic starts poor little lost bunn so tried to catch him but he ran . Later that day neighbour knocks door again "do u want a rabbit ? " . They managed to catch him and put him in their very large dog kennel, they even went out and got a water bottle and food for him asked at local vets and local shops to see if anyone was looking for him. So i now have a another bunn no luck in tracing owner yet and it seems he has been on the run for over a week now. And no -one seems to be looking for him :cry:

He is staying inside overnight and is very clean and very friendly and cheeky but is in the garden in guinea pig run during the day which is way to small but i have nothing spare as Frodo wont be impressed if i borrow his run .

So reason for post what do i do how long do i look for owners for and then what if i dont find them ? legally how long can i wait until trying to find somewhere for him? if bunn was a girl i would try to bond eventually after op and vacs .Have kept him away from Frodo as no idea if vaccianted etc and if i took him to vets would i get into trouble if not mine ?
Sorry if long post and makes no sense but any help appreciated , will post pics when daughter gets out of bed and takes them :D

It could be worth having him checked for a microchip, it's unlikely but possible.

Thanks guys will keep looking for owners but to be honest if he was my rabbit i would have put posters up by now etc. He was a bit dehydrated when we got him as he only did 6 very small hard poos in about 12 hours so was worried about stasis but after getting water he is pooing normal now. He is so gentle and friendly, very inquisitive .

I am in northamptonshire so anyone lost a rabbit in that area i may have your rabbit .

So if i cant find owners will take him to vet and get his myxi and VHD done end of this week , then sort out getting him neutered but not for a while in case owners turn up . Frodo is due his myxi again so will take them together . For now new bunn will have to come in at night in the kitchen so he has space to run around,(he has made himself quite at home ) will have to build another run for him during the day

it could be worth going futher out animals travel quite far, just ring vets futher out

if not you got some bonding to do :D piccies????

Thanks guys will keep looking for owners but to be honest if he was my rabbit i would have put posters up by now etc. He was a bit dehydrated when we got him as he only did 6 very small hard poos in about 12 hours so was worried about stasis but after getting water he is pooing normal now. He is so gentle and friendly, very inquisitive .

I am in northamptonshire so anyone lost a rabbit in that area i may have your rabbit .

So if i cant find owners will take him to vet and get his myxi and VHD done end of this week , then sort out getting him neutered but not for a while in case owners turn up . Frodo is due his myxi again so will take them together . For now new bunn will have to come in at night in the kitchen so he has space to run around,(he has made himself quite at home ) will have to build another run for him during the day

Oh right not hers then as she's in yorkshire ;)

Back