• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Yet ANOTHER going out thread - few questions

Buns will be in playhouse over night for the first time either tonight or tomorrow night.

Just wondering if its worth putting the snuggle safes in? - They've gotten too used to flopping out by the radiator on a night! :roll:

They dont have a proper "bed" (as in hidey hole with hay/straw kind of bed) but im going to upturn the wicker bed and put fleece unnder and stuff with a couple of towels.

What do you think?

Also, any tips on training buns to use cat flaps? :)

Think thats it, for now! :wave:

Buns will be in playhouse over night for the first time either tonight or tomorrow night.

Just wondering if its worth putting the snuggle safes in? - They've gotten too used to flopping out by the radiator on a night! :roll:

They dont have a proper "bed" (as in hidey hole with hay/straw kind of bed) but im going to upturn the wicker bed and put fleece unnder and stuff with a couple of towels.

What do you think?

Also, any tips on training buns to use cat flaps? :)

Think thats it, for now! :wave:

I might be worth putting the snuggle safe in just incase but it is getting lovely and warm now so they should be ok :)

You could also try a carrier with a fleece in aswell as the wicker basket (great idea ;))

The cat flap I would use food and treats best way to teach a bun how to use things;) Either put them in the run and your in the playhouse or you in the run and them in the play house and show them how it open and keep doing it until they get the hang of it, they should pick it up quick Im sure little Dolly will get the hang of it and Marley will follow :p

Sorry don't know about the snugglesafes but re. cat flaps - What I did was sit in their wendyhouse with some food and held the cat flap open, chucked some food through, both bunnies went out. then I held some food back in the wendyhouse and both bunnies jumped back through :lol: I did this a few times, then propped the cat-flap open for the rest of the day so they got used to where it was.
Then tried them the next day with it closed, sat in the run this time and held the cat-flap open a tiny bit and shook the pellet bowl, Heather pretty much got it fist time and raced through although got a bit confused and kept banging her head into it but not actually pushing it compeltly open, Bart took a little longer to get the hang of it.

Thanks guys :)

Ive had it propped open all afternoon, they arent quite getting the hang of things though, guess it will take a few days. x

I probably wouldn't botherwith a snugglesafe with it being a playhouse rather than a hutch, should stay warm in there. Be a bit cooler but I don't think it'd be a problem?
I might be wrong though as I've never had outdoor buns :lol:

I probably wouldn't botherwith a snugglesafe with it being a playhouse rather than a hutch, should stay warm in there. Be a bit cooler but I don't think it'd be a problem?
I might be wrong though as I've never had outdoor buns :lol:

Im just thinking because theyve been snuggling up by the radiator whenever its been on :roll:

They used to hate anything like that, what has living indoors done to them! :lol:

Back