• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Crying/whining advice please

pablo0151

New Kit
Hi

I have two female lop sisters, both about 6 months old and both as of yet un-spayed. They get on really well most of the time and love each other to bits, the bigger does hump and chase the smaller now and again but that's usually it.

This morning though, she has become a bit more aggressive and the smaller one has started crying and/or whining because of it.

I've never heard either of them make a sound like this before and am slightly worried that she's been hurt. Is it normal for them to make these kinds of noises and if so is it because she's scared or in pain?

Any advice is massively appreciated.

Paul

I *think* a bunny only cries when its in pain. I'd take her to the vet or just watch her closely to see if she shows any signs of pain. I'd separate them until they're both spayed, that will calm the humping. :)
xxx

Rabbits can be very vocal sometimes so she may not be in pain, she may be scared, or it may even be hormones. That said, do look out for any signs she is not happy and is not ok.

I would suggest getting them to the vets on Monday and talking about getting them spayed ASAP.

And yes, if there is any hint of fighting or aggression then separate them until after they have been spayed, and once they are recovered hopefully they will be able to be rebonded.

Thanks for all the advice, things have calmed down throughout the day so maybe she was just a little scared or fed up of being humped.

Anyways, we're off the vets next month for the dreaded spaying so hopefully that'll reduce any hormonal behavior.

Thanks again everyone.

Rabbits get more active at dawn and dusk, so that is likely why things have been calmer, and were harder earlier in the day.

If you can, it would be sensible to get them spayed sooner rather than later (i.e. ASAP) because they are now old enough and there is a clear risk of them divorcing due to hormones.

Back