• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Happy Gotcha Day Petey

Janey

Warren Veteran
I got Peter a year ago today from Starlights. I was looking for a Husbun for Poppy (after reading on RU how important it is for bunnies to have company).

He was found at the side of the road with two other bunnies, sadly one of them had already been killed by a car, but Petey and the other bunny were ok.

I picked Peter up and he had just been spayed (he was orignally called Pepper but being a Beatrix Potter fan I changed his name, not very original I know). He was a skinny little thing and stained yellow due to the conditions he had been kept in, he also has a partly shredded ear :( From the beginning he has always been such a cheeky chappie, the nosiest bunny I have ever known, always wants to know what you are doing, and if he deosn't approve, he will give you a little nip to let you know.

Peter does the most amazing binkies on a daily basis, he runs round and round in circles, his second favourite activity is to shred all the newspaper lining his cage, Mummy isn't so keen on this hobby.

He bonded with Poppy like a dream (I even did it myself), he just let her be dominant and they have a great relationship. For the first time in months Poppy has clean eyes because he washes them for her (she is a dental bun).

He's had his bad times in the year, an occasion when he went missing from my second floor bedroom and was found on the drive blow perfectly ok, the bedroom window was open, but how he could have survived a fall like that is a mystery so we will never knw what happened. He also had a rather bad bout of statsis over Christmas when he had to stay at the vets for about 5 days.

So, to my little Petey Piper 'Happy Gotcha Day/Birthday', you are a joy to have and have made Poppy and me soooooo happy!! :love: I hope you are now happy in your home after your rough first year in life, we love you lots.x.x.x.x.

Petey when I first got him home.

083.jpg

His yellow stains when I first got him

068.jpg

Chilling on the bed (you can see the 'rabbit hole' he made under the duvet, he has ruined many bed sheets/duvet covers digging them!!

049.jpg

Exploring a new box

170.jpg

Asking for breakfast

184.jpg

139.jpg

With Poppy (after her operation)

179.jpg

Sorry bout the HUGE photos!! :shock:

Lovely to hear about Petey & his 1st year with you & Poppy.
He sounds like a lovely bun & a real character.

Back